Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 For Windows

For your help and questions
dtroutt

Post by dtroutt »

Hello all,

I am having multiple problems and hope I can get some answers here. I bought SCAL1 in May 2009 and really haven't played much with it since. Originally, I installed it on a Vista 32 bit system. I still have my email with the serial number from the purchase. I recently had to go to a newer Windows 7 64 bit machine and no longer have the Vista computer, but I was able to make a backup of that system before it completely died.

When I went to reinstall SCAL, it would not let me (from what I could tell, you can only do a reinstall on a computer with the same OS, and I no longer have Vista) I saw there is now SCAL2, which of course I would like to have at the upgrade price of $30. I am able to verify on the website that I am a prior owner by entering in my name and email and serial number. It gave me a coupon code, which it accepted, but the coupon code didn't bring the price down to the upgrade price, it said it discounted it by $0 -that's right zero- and that my price would be $90, the full retail price. Huh? I am confused why it is not giving me the discount....

1) Do I need a link or something to activate the coupon code? I was able to download the SCAL2 on my Windows 7 machine, but it is only the trial version and needs to be activated.

2) Do I lose any functionality by only having SCAL2, assuming that I do get to activate it soon?

3) Also, are people getting SCAL2 to work on Windows 7 64-bit machines, or only 32-bit? Any help or tricks would be appreciated?

Thank you,
Dianna
Thanks
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

If you don't want to upgrade to SCAL2 you can contact Craft Edge and have them reset your activations for SCAL1. Give them your name and SCAL serial number.

I have successfully used SCAL2 on a Windows7 64 bit machine with my Expression and 2.31 firmware. My baby bug with 1.3 firmware did not work though. I was told to update the firmware, which I only did about an hour ago. I haven't tried it yet with Windows7.

You will gain functionality with SCAL2, and you probably don't need SCAL1 if you do upgrade. However, you paid for SCAL1 and you might occasionally want it, so I would contact CE for the activation reset. HTH
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Post by jasenj1 »

dtroutt wrote:Hello all,

1) Do I need a link or something to activate the coupon code? I was able to download the SCAL2 on my Windows 7 machine, but it is only the trial version and needs to be activated.
Send an email to support@craftedge.com with the coupon code. I had the same problem when I got a coupon code for Mac SCAL2. I sent an email and they sent me a quick response saying it should work - but I haven't tried again due to all the problems folks are having with the Mac version.
2) Do I lose any functionality by only having SCAL2, assuming that I do get to activate it soon?
Not that I know of. I believe SCAL2 is better in every way than SCAL1
3) Also, are people getting SCAL2 to work on Windows 7 64-bit machines, or only 32-bit? Any help or tricks would be appreciated?
I can't help here. I'm still running XP.

- Jasen.