Fonts Question

For your help and questions
raewyn64

Fonts Question

Post by raewyn64 »

Last night I registered for the full version of SCAL and then used the post here with all the downloadable fonts to go and find some. What a great selection there are, thanks so much for the list.
Anyway my question is that I noticed a lot of the fonts I was downloading have a double cutting line on them. For example I cut a Easter rabbit and it cut the outer cut but then also cut about 1mm (about 1/16 inch or something like that) on the inside so I ended up with a very fine cut out of the bunny.
I also found ones that I could cut out solid (like a heart) but there seemed to be a lot that had this outline cut.
I am guessing most of you would have found this - is there a way to use these outline fonts/dingbats or should I avoid them and will find plenty of solid ones?

Hope that makes sense.
Raewyn
AnointedHands

Re: Fonts Question

Post by AnointedHands »

I upgraded the DSS software and started having a cut on my shape. I contacted Todd and he said it was a problem with the update. He told me to uninstall DSS, reinstall it using the original file, and then do a firmware upgrade. It will upgrade from the original software.

I did that and didn't have any more problems.

If you weren't having problems with the DSS software before the upgrade was posted, you don't need the upgrade.

HTH
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
hbennett

Post by hbennett »

As far as I can tell, lots of the fonts cut out like you are describing - i.e they are cutting on each side of the outline. You need to look for black-ed out shapes or do it yourself... that's why I posted a question about buying fonts. It really is a lot of work to make images that are blacked out, layered, etc. I think you will have to be selective about your font choices based on this or be willing to put in the work to fix them.
lovemypoodle

Post by lovemypoodle »

I don't know if this is what you are talking about but there is a button that you can select "Normal", "blackout", "Mixed. On the shapes that cut out a thin line if you select 'blackout" it will cut out shape as a whole. I guess you would cut out the shape as a blackout then cut it normal and layer it if you wanted the detail.