Are there any blocking problems with latest DS update?

For your help and questions
cropgal

Are there any blocking problems with latest DS update?

Post by cropgal »

I haven't updated my DS software in awhile. I know the Font updates won't affect SCAL, but are there any problems with the latest program update? I'm looking at the latest update (nov. 2009) on the cricut website that converts cut files to gypsy files etc. I don't want to download any new version if it's going to block my SCAL. Thanks!
cropgal

Re: Are there any blocking problems with latest DS update?

Post by cropgal »

Nobody has the answer to this???????
Tinadejonge@mac.com

Post by Tinadejonge@mac.com »

I update for the same reason, not thinking and yes it does block SCAL as it only supports firmware version 2.3, so if you want to use SCAL don't upgrade the firmware!

Tina
cropgal

Post by cropgal »

Tinadejonge@mac.com wrote:I update for the same reason, not thinking and yes it does block SCAL as it only supports firmware version 2.3, so if you want to use SCAL don't upgrade the firmware!

Tina
Thank you so much...that is what I figured.
bstreeter

Post by bstreeter »

I have downloaded the latest update with no effects on my SCAL. :)
cropgal

Post by cropgal »

Hmmmm...anyone else want to chime in here. I have one person that says it does block and one that says it doesn't. I really want to run this update as I've been told it will update my Design Studio software with several cartridges that I have that aren't on the font pack update. BUT I do not want to lose my SCAL...it is more important to me!
oddonesvk

Post by oddonesvk »

Hi - not sure if we're talking the same thing or not - but I updated my trial version of the DS software, which put the newest cartridges in the program, a couple weeks ago and have not had any problems using the Cricut. The version DS I have is 1.0.21104.0 which I believe is the current download available. (I use SCAL2)

In my opinion, if Provocraft had figured out a way to block SCAL, we would have heard about it, pretty loud and clear on the boards by now.

Vicky
jools17552

Post by jools17552 »

Hi all, just thought I'd add to the discussion by saying that I just purchased SCAL and couldn't get it to run. I thought it was because of my firmware, which was v2.32. It turns out that Sony Ericsson Suite conflicts with SCAL, so I deleted it and hey presto. That little gem came from Michelle at scrappingtable, great lady.
msgriff_55

Post by msgriff_55 »

I haven't had any problems with the firmware (V2.34) at all. I have downloaded all of the new updates with no problem. SCAL2 works great!.
mlcadieux

Post by mlcadieux »

Well, I didn't think there were problems. BUT there are for me. After DS updated the firmware, both worked fine for awhile. Then yesterday I went to use it and neither programs would work. Called DS support and they told me to try and uninstall SCAL and now DS works. The guy told me that the newest firmware has a block on it to conflict with SCAL. He also told me that SCAL is a pirated software, what's up with that???

So what I want to know is what do I do now, Did I pay $75 for something I can't use now???!!!!

Laura