Windows 7 ?

For your help and questions
BevR

Windows 7 ?

Post by BevR »

Perhaps this has been asked and answered previously. I looked but couldn't find it. My computer is being upgraded next week . . . larger hard drive (need more space for new SVG's!), more ram, and switching to Windows 7 from XP. I heard the 32-bit version of Win 7 was better for these programs than the 64-bit so that's what I'm getting. Does anyone know if SCAL works with Win 7? I have both versions but prefer SCAL 2. Any other issues I should be concerned about with Win 7?

Thanks for any input!!
Bev
molliels

Re: Windows 7 ?

Post by molliels »

I to am wondering about this... I will be getting a new computer soon and I was wondering the same thing. If not I'm going to keep my laptop and xp just for SCAL till they can fix it..
Want free photo prints? Click here http://www.artscow.com/?Ref=548425
Happy Scrappin!
Mollie
Gardenwife

Post by Gardenwife »

I have Windows 7 64-bit, just upgraded to it on my Dell with their free upgrade kit. I need to know if SCAL will work on this version of Windows 7 before I even think of buying it. My desktop runs XP, but we don't keep it anywhere near my craft room and I'm not moving it. :lol:
That's not cat hair; those are embellishments.
Gardenwife's Plot
Jiminy Cricut - Considering selling this domain name. Not sure what I want to do with it!
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

Here is a url for the system requirements for SCAL. Info is about 1/2 way down onder System requirements

http://www.craftedge.com/products/products.html
Gardenwife

Post by Gardenwife »

Thanks for the quick reply! :) I saw the system requirements when I saw there was a new version out. The thing is, sometimes what's listed and what actually works are different. I'd heard on another website that some have issues with the 64-bit version of Windows 7. Can anyone verify s/he uses SCAL 2.0 on Windows 7 64-bit successfully? Guess I can try the trial and see how it goes. D'oh! :P
Gardenwife's Plot
Jiminy Cricut - Considering selling this domain name. Not sure what I want to do with it!
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

there was another thread with a similar question. I think that a member who was running windows 7 beta stated that she had no troubles at all.
SCAL 2 (cricut), SCAL 3 (Black Cat 15"), Windows 10
Gardenwife

Post by Gardenwife »

Soraya wrote:there was another thread with a similar question. I think that a member who was running windows 7 beta stated that she had no troubles at all.
Thanks, I'll look for it. The 64-bit version can be tricky with some software, so I hope I can find more info.
Gardenwife's Plot
tnoehl

Post by tnoehl »

I have upgraded to the 32-bit version of Windows7. I only had to put in my serial number again. No other problems and I have been cutting lots for Christmas. Not sure about the 64-bit version though.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

I use SCAL with the 64 bit version of Vista with no problems (I do run in XP compatibility mode). I am told that 7 is based on Vista, so there shouldn't be any problems. My resident computer expert is planning on upgrading all of our OS to Windows7 64 bit, so I'll let you know when he does (it's already purchased). The best thing though, is to use the demo version and see how it goes. :)
BevR

Post by BevR »

Thanks for all the replies. I am going with the Win 7 32-bit. My son (who is a tech) told me that 32-bit would be less headache overall than the 64-bit. Not being particularly computerish (is that a word?), the fewer problems, the better for me. The upgrade should take place in another week or so. Just waiting on some parts to come in. I think I'm as excited about getting a terabyte of hard drive storage as getting Win 7. Will let you know how it goes once it's finished.