Font Manager

For your help and questions
mmechelle93

Font Manager

Post by mmechelle93 »

Does anyone know of a good font organizer/manager? I can see my collection of fonts is quickly going to grow out of control (HeeHee)! So I thought, Hmm, there's got to be a program to keep them organized, possibly with reference tags and pictures? Free is even better, but willing to pay nominal fee. So if anyone is using something like this could you share your opinion and help me get organized. Thanks!
Michelle
hbennett

Re: Font Manager

Post by hbennett »

High-logic has a good one, from what I've read. I have not tried it yet, but they are the ones that also sell the software that you can use to make your own dingbats.
Crafty Chelle

Post by Crafty Chelle »

The Font Thing is great and its free! I love you it as you can install and uninstall on the fly easily. You don't have to keep your fonts in your windows fonts folder. You can NOT create fonts, it is for organizing, installing, viewing fonts and different sizes etc. It is for Windows, I don't believe there is a Mac version...sorry.

http://www.download.com/The-Font-Thing/ ... 38296.html
CBJPL31

Post by CBJPL31 »

I really like AMP Font Viewer.
http://www.ampsoft.net/utilities/FontViewer.php
I had problems with The Font Thing so if it gives you problems also, this is an alternative. I love it!
~Nicole~
Crafty Chelle

Post by Crafty Chelle »

Hey Nicole!

Options are good :) Thanks for posting this...I'm gonna check it out and see how it compares!

Sorry to hear you had problem with TFT. I've used it for years on many different machines and never had a problem...you just never know cuz nothing can work with everything!
ailina

Post by ailina »

I like The Font Thing as well, you can type in the text you want and see how it looks, and there is a slider at the bottom of the screen for size.
Irene
Dawn Miner

Post by Dawn Miner »

I Had to go with AMP view finder the font thing keep frezzing on me.
Dawn
Beanie

Post by Beanie »

I love the font thing it is free and you can install and uninstall right from the program
mmechelle93 wrote:Does anyone know of a good font organizer/manager? I can see my collection of fonts is quickly going to grow out of control (HeeHee)! So I thought, Hmm, there's got to be a program to keep them organized, possibly with reference tags and pictures? Free is even better, but willing to pay nominal fee. So if anyone is using something like this could you share your opinion and help me get organized. Thanks!
Michelle
Beanie ~~Been There Done That~~
Steph Stimson

Post by Steph Stimson »

wow...I just downloaded The Font Thing and that is just awesome, to see all of my 600+ fonts close up for a change!
Stephanie Stimson
Creative Memories Consultant
CMID #33596439

redhdgirl417@charter.net
http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/stephaniestimson
mmechelle93

Post by mmechelle93 »

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. I've downloaded The Font Thing and think I'm going to love it! But, did save the other sites just in case. ;o)
I can already tell this program is going to save me lots of searching time.

Thanks again,
Michelle