Question - would you pay for dingbat fonts?

For your help and questions

Would you pay for TT fonts?

Yes
7%
No
48%
Maybe
30%
Depends on the cost
15%

Total votes: 27

hbennett

Question - would you pay for dingbat fonts?

Post by hbennett »

I just wanted to get other opinions on this...

There are so many posts on the Cricut MB about people wanting a cartridge with beach themes, sport themes, male stuff, etc... I wanted to know would you guys pay for fonts if there were fonts made for our purposes complete with layering, etc?
Crafty Chelle

Re: Question - would you pay for dingbat fonts?

Post by Crafty Chelle »

Yes, I already have a few I have paid for.
Last edited by Crafty Chelle on Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
CBJPL31

Post by CBJPL31 »

I can't say no but I don't see myself ever wanting to. In my experience with dingbats some cut well, others don't and I've been disappointed in the way some cut so I would have to be assured that it would cut the way I wanted it to before I would pay money for it. This is why the SCA could never completely replace carts for me. With the layering available using a cart images look alot better and more professional.
I really hope there's a shadow feature available very soon. I wanted to use SCA for a title last night but without the shadow it didn't look right. :cry: I ended up using a cart font and it turned out great but I want to use SCA on a LO soon.
~Nicole~
jancy

Post by jancy »

I would not.

there are so many available free online & just makes it unnecessary for me.

I get most of mine from dafont.com
just maxine

Post by just maxine »

No. I don't use that many shapes so if I did happen to need one, I would look for something free on the internet.
hbennett

Post by hbennett »

The reason I ask is because I spent like a full week designing a vacation/tropical one, complete with layers and everything that the Cricut MB asked for... just wondering if there is interest and if others may design some just for this purpose. I was having a tough time finding shaped dingbats that cut well, too. I always share a ton of files, but maybe I could work for an "E" upgrade!
CBJPL31 wrote:I can't say no but I don't see myself ever wanting to. In my experience with dingbats some cut well, others don't and I've been disappointed in the way some cut so I would have to be assured that it would cut the way I wanted it to before I would pay money for it. This is why the SCA could never completely replace carts for me. With the layering available using a cart images look alot better and more professional.
I really hope there's a shadow feature available very soon. I wanted to use SCA for a title last night but without the shadow it didn't look right. :cry: I ended up using a cart font and it turned out great but I want to use SCA on a LO soon.
kruemel

Post by kruemel »

I think I would pay if there would be one I really need. But since I have a bunch of different dingbat fonts right now I´m not sure about it...

How can you create your own dingbats? Don´t know much about that but if it would be quite easy perhaps several could make one and trade them... Just an idea.
hbennett

Post by hbennett »

I searched out this website before I bought SCA - http://www.ladytimeless.org/tutes/pages ... gbats.html
It explains how to create your own dingbat fonts.

I think it is really a neat option, since I can imagine that these SVG files are going to get a bit overwhelming. Plus SVG import was not an option when I purchased the program and I wanted to be sure I could cut whatever I wanted to... not just what was out there.

Trading is a good idea, too!