OK, talk me out of this!

For your help and questions
just maxine

OK, talk me out of this!

Post by just maxine »

I bought SCAL Friday afternoon. By Friday evening I was head over heels in love with this program. I have cut a tons of fonts and collecting dingbats like crazy all weekend. So DH says "I guess you don't need all of those cartridges anymore, huh?"

That comment has been haunting me all weekend! I have 22 Cricut cartridges in my collection. Do I need them any more?? At this moment, I can't see actually using them anymore when the world of free fonts has been opened to me. (and I sure as heck ain't BUYING any more!)

So what do you all think? Should I hang on to them, or sell them and get my investment back? Have any of you thought about this?
raewyn64

Re: OK, talk me out of this!

Post by raewyn64 »

I was just downloading a whole lot of fonts now and thinking the same thing - hmmmm :roll:

Raewyn
lilgreykitty

Post by lilgreykitty »

I think this is what PC is probably worried about...and well they should be. But that is their problem. ;) I only have 6 carts, and I'm not buying anymore at this time. I don't even like the new ones. I'm waiting...first I have to sell my baby bug in order to buy an E because I know that once I buy SCAL I'll wish I had an E. So first I get my E, then SCAL, and then I will have to make the same decision as you. I do really love the carts I have, so I may want to keep them anyway. I guess if you have a font that matches one on a cart, or really close, then that would be the cart to sell, unless it had some really cool shapes that you would still use alot. SCAL is the reason I now want an E. PC really blew it big time on this.
Last edited by lilgreykitty on Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ailina

Post by ailina »

I love this program, but I will be keeping all of my 15 carts. You never know what the future will bring.
Irene
Irene
hbennett

Post by hbennett »

I only have a few, but am keeping them, too. They have a lot of neat layering, and I can tell you from working on creating shapes for hours, making layering takes a lot of time.
plg1117

Post by plg1117 »

I will be keeping my carts also..
ChristineH

Post by ChristineH »

I have to say when I was scrapping last weekend I was using both, I wont buy anymore font carts, but I will buy the shapes if they are what I want, Im pretty disapointed in the new carts that came out, so SCA has been a dream for me, and I agree, this is something that Cricut could have come up with themselves and they havnt even made a comment about it, so thats their loss
wreed06

Post by wreed06 »

I only have the George cart that came with my machine. I'll keep it, but will be hard-pressed to buy any more. I don't have kids and don't take many Christmas pictures, so many of the Cricut carts are not suitable for me - I take mostly scenic pictures. I think the carts would be good to have if you want to take your Cricut to a crop or retreat and don't have a computer available. And you know what shapes are available on your carts, so they'd be easy to find when you want them.

hbennett, what is layering?
CBJPL31

Post by CBJPL31 »

No way could I ever get rid of my carts. I love them just as much! Especially the layering! I plan to buy several of the new ones being released this spring.
~Nicole~
M.Newton

Post by M.Newton »

I have 37 carts and I pre ordered 2 more.
I will never get rid of my cartridges and I will keep buying the ones I love the most.