Overwhelmed w/ choices!

For your help and questions
JessCox

Overwhelmed w/ choices!

Post by JessCox »

I seriously want to get SCAL...the cuts I have seen using it are amazing!!!

My problem is that I am so OVERWHELMED by my choices of font and dingats, that I don't know where to begin!

My scrapping time is limited, so I don't want to spend soooo much time searching that I don't have time to cut.

Do you find it takes more time? Or do you just get the hang of it?

Any advice on simplifying things?
hbennett

Re: Overwhelmed w/ choices!

Post by hbennett »

I'll admit... I didn't work last week... at all. I was planted on the sofa, designing my own fonts... who would have thought! I don't think it takes any time at all to get up and running on this, but you will spend time looking, searching, and in my case - creating... just because it is so exciting and new.
Crafty Chelle

Post by Crafty Chelle »

Because I digi scrapped for many years I already have a boatload of fonts, so I barely spend time looking. I do remember the days where I spent hours looking. Now I only look on occasion! Once you get a collection together you won't spend as much time...at least for a while.
boysboysboys

Post by boysboysboys »

Well, I can totally see where you are coming from! I downloaded SCA Friday night, I have spent a lot of time this weekend looking at the 100s of fonts/dingbats available---and downloading like crazy. I think I now have over 500 fonts! Not all of these will work well for cutting, so I created a word document with the names typed out in the specific font for all that I have downloaded that I really like. This has helped me to be able to quickly see which fonts I want to use on a layout. After downloading SCA, its like I have over 500 carts to play with!!! So fun!! I spent some time Friday night & Saturday cutting random things just to see how the font would look cut out. SCA is so totally worth it, I am soooooo glad someone over at Cricut.com found it and promoted it! Thanks a bundle!!
ChristineH

Post by ChristineH »

I think once you get the fonts you like you will get to know which ones you have and it will go faster, I also type the name of the font in that font on word and then print them so I have a quick reference, it makes it go so much faster HTH
CBJPL31

Post by CBJPL31 »

I too feel overwhelmed with choices...but that's not a bad thing. I'd much rather have this problem than the opposite. :)
~Nicole~