I have to REACTIVATE every time I open SCAL2

For your help and questions
scrpbooklady

I have to REACTIVATE every time I open SCAL2

Post by scrpbooklady »

is this happening to anyone else? I have to enter my serial # every time I open the application - it always works but it's kind of inconvenient.
mommyto3bugs

Re: I have to REACTIVATE every time I open SCAL2

Post by mommyto3bugs »

scrpbooklady wrote:is this happening to anyone else? I have to enter my serial # every time I open the application - it always works but it's kind of inconvenient.
How are you opening the program? From a shortcut on the desktop? Make sure you are running the program application and not the installation application.

Try this... go to your Start menu, then Programs --->> Craft Edge --->> Sure Cuts A Lot 2 and then choose the program "Sure Cuts A Lot 2".

Hope that helps!
Sarah St. - The Netherlands
SCAL 1 and 2 user

Post by scrpbooklady »

That's exactly how I open the application - I don't have shortcuts on my desktop for my applications. I just think it is weird that I have to do this everytime.
mommyto3bugs

Post by mommyto3bugs »

scrpbooklady wrote:That's exactly how I open the application - I don't have shortcuts on my desktop for my applications. I just think it is weird that I have to do this everytime.
When you click on "help" and then "About" do you get the SCAL logo/splash opening yellow box... and below that a grey area with your name and serial number? If not, then it's not "really" registered. If you are getting the serial number then it should be working.

When you have to type in the serial number, is there the option to activate manually? I think that's how it's phrased. There's some box you click and then it will ask you for an activation code. You have to go back to the site and plug in your name and serial number and the site code and it then generates an activation code for you. You copy that in and then hit ok and it registers your copy that way instead.

Also, do you have firewalls or other security measures running that could be blocking your registration? Things like that can keep the program from contacting the server and fully registering the product.

After that, I'm a loss and you should e-mail support@craftedge.com for help. Best of luck- I'm sure it's getting really old having to fill it all in again!! :)
Sarah St. - The Netherlands
SCAL 1 and 2 user

Post by jomatho »

For some reason last night, I had the same issue and had to re-enter my activation and serial number a second time opening program (after it got hung up and needed to close-see previous post on "I found a bug" subject). Once I did it a second time, I created a desktop shortcut since that is what I usually use, and now it is opening like a charm and under help/about it looks like it is registered. Not sure what the difference is, but it seems to be okay now...
J Marie
deborahwjg

Post by deborahwjg »

I've had that happened a few times too, but it hasn't happened everytime. It happened three times so far. Then sometimes it opens right up.
ssummers

Post by ssummers »

I sent an email to Craft Edge and they told me to turn off my firewall and antivirus then activate SCAL. I then turned everything back on and it works just fine.
dimahi

Post by dimahi »

I have had this happen to mine also, not sure why it happened, but at the end of 3 days of typing in my activation code, it no longer would accept it, so I emailed Craftedge and I deleted SCAL 2 and reinstalled it...working much better now...my only problem now is when I use my handle to stretch, everything crunches up...anyone else have this happening?
Diane
msgriff_55

Post by msgriff_55 »

Yes this happened to me a couple of times. I email Todd and this is the response I got.
Haven't had a problem with this since then.Please download 2.001 from our website and install over the old one If it happens again, please look on your desktop for a file called SCAL2Log.txt and sent that to us.

Sincerely
- The Craft Edge Team
http://www.craftedge.com
Soraya

Post by Soraya »

I followed the instructions shared here. Bad idea :o Now SCAL2 just won't open. I already sent an email to Tod. :cry: I'm feeling so sad!

soraya
SCAL 2 (cricut), SCAL 3 (Black Cat 15"), Windows 10