Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 For Windows

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 For Windows

Post by Sweetness4713 »

I have Vista on both computers and had to set the compatibility mode to WINXP .. Right click on your SCAL file..
kaesmom

Post by kaesmom »

Hmmm... I've been running on Vista and haven't had any problems at all. I never even knew I was supposed to be having problems!
deerushforth

Post by deerushforth »

H E L P!!! OK I am running a VISTA PC and so I put it in XP Compatibility mode and now it took out my serial number and acting like a new activation and it won't take my code. I had it on this pc and my laptop only. :cry:
Pooky37

Post by Pooky37 »

I have upgraded my cricut personal to v1.32 now, but when I have Sure Alots Cuts 2 ready and I'm all set up to cut, my cricut still does not cut. How do I correct this problem.
Is there someone out there to help me ( I feel so stupid ) its probably something simple, but I'm ready to pull
my hair out. I have to go upnorth to my sisters next week and set hers up!!! help help and more help.
Thank you for anyone who wants to help me.
Sharen aka Pooky 37
my email is pooky37@charter.net if you wish to email me.
can I give out my email address? I hope so.
thank you
Sharen
aka: Pooky37
biz_kid1

Post by biz_kid1 »

Have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it? Are you sure SCAL2 can be installed on more than one machine?
deerushforth wrote:H E L P!!! OK I am running a VISTA PC and so I put it in XP Compatibility mode and now it took out my serial number and acting like a new activation and it won't take my code. I had it on this pc and my laptop only. :cry:
biz_kid1

Post by biz_kid1 »

Define "not cut". It does nothing? No error message? Does it lock up?
Pooky37 wrote:I have upgraded my cricut personal to v1.32 now, but when I have Sure Alots Cuts 2 ready and I'm all set up to cut, my cricut still does not cut. How do I correct this problem.
Is there someone out there to help me ( I feel so stupid ) its probably something simple, but I'm ready to pull
my hair out. I have to go upnorth to my sisters next week and set hers up!!! help help and more help.
Thank you for anyone who wants to help me.
Sharen aka Pooky 37
my email is pooky37@charter.net if you wish to email me.
can I give out my email address? I hope so.
thank you
Pooky37

Post by Pooky37 »

It says "error" when I want it to cut......also freezes up and I have to shut down.
I have SCAL also and how do I use it? That also says "error, shuts down" and I have to start all over again.
I had my cricut updated to 1.32 and then Support tells me to d/l 1.30 to my cricut, and still doesn't work.
:cry:
Sharen
biz_kid1

Post by biz_kid1 »

I would start simple...uninstall SCAL and reinstall. Are you using Vista? You may have to change it to compatibility mode.
Pooky37 wrote:It says "error" when I want it to cut......also freezes up and I have to shut down.
I have SCAL also and how do I use it? That also says "error, shuts down" and I have to start all over again.
I had my cricut updated to 1.32 and then Support tells me to d/l 1.30 to my cricut, and still doesn't work.
:cry:
Pooky37

Post by Pooky37 »

Hi everyone, it's me again! I finally got it to work. I had 1.32 on my cricut and and to put on 1.30 instead.
Then I found out I couldn't put my usb in a hub port, it had to be a usb port, duh here, what a differance
it makes. AND IT WORKS. Now to play with it and see what other mess I can get into.
thank you everyone for helping me.
Sharen
biz_kid1

Post by biz_kid1 »

I just downloaded SCAL2 V 2.004 update and noticed that tabbing around in the properties window (like trying to use the tab keyboard key to change the height and width) do not work. Tab order does not seem to be logical may be more what I'm trying to say - start in upper left corner and move left to right across a row down to the next row making a loop back to the top...if that made sense! Just FYI! Thanks!