Cameo 3 Auto Blade Help w/SCAL5

For your help and questions
OldsGal

Cameo 3 Auto Blade Help w/SCAL5

Post by OldsGal »

For some reason my Cameo 3 isn't auto adjusting my auto blade before cutting. Like normally it slides the cartridge all the way to the Left and clicks several times before cutting even if you didn't change the settings in between jobs. But it isn't doing that. It is just going straight to cut and it isn't cutting the vinyl at all. It is just leaving a scratch outline of what it cut. I even tried manually changing the cut settings and it isn't changing the blade. I tried turning the machine off and closing out of SCAL5. I tried resetting the blade by manually ratcheting it through several times and setting it back to zero. I made sure the blade when seated right and tightly locked into place in the holder. Oh and if I try it in Sil. Studio. it ratchets and test cuts just fine. Any advice?
SandyMcC

Re: Cameo 3 Auto Blade Help w/SCAL5

Post by SandyMcC »

It's my understanding AutoBlade functionality is specific to Silhouette Studio and the firmware inside the Cameo 3 and 4. SCAL isn't able to access that functionality thus the blade exposure needs to be manually set.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
OldsGal

Post by OldsGal »

I have two Cameo 3s. One I've had for a long time now and the auto blade has always worked and still works with SCAL. I just recently got this other Cameo 3 to keep at my work location and it was working just find at auto adjusting up until Tuesday when for some strange reason it stopped auto adjusting.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Assuming you definitely still have Autoblade selected in the Cut Settings window, then it's possibly a mechanical issue with the second Cameo 3. Can you take it back home and test it with whatever computer is cutting to your first Cameo 3? Or take your first Cameo 3 to work and test the same file there? That way, you can tell if something has changed with the software or with the cutter. Also, make sure you're using the exactly same version of SCAL with both (go to Help>About Sure Cuts A Lot 5 to confirm.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/