SCAL causing me to buy an E have ?s

For your help and questions
lilgreykitty

SCAL causing me to buy an E have ?s

Post by lilgreykitty »

OK, so I posted this on the Cricut MB yesterday and got no responce. Probably because I mentioned SCAL. :twisted: OH MY!!! Anyway, this is what I posted, and I know you guys will answer my questions.
I already have the baby bug and CDS, and I am thinking about about getting SCAL. Just waiting for Todd to "tweek it" a little more. I am also thinking about buying an E. Since I will be running it off my computer with CDS and SCAL the extra feature keys would be irrellevant. Right? If so, then the only thing I would be gaining in the purchase of a E would be the ability to cut larger sizes than I can cut with my baby. Right? And the ability to draw anywhere on a 12x12 page. Right? Also, how would I change my CDS over to a new E? To tell the truth, (PC if you are reading this MB) SCAL is the thing that got me to thinking about upgrading to an E.
So I didn't get any answers "over there" and am looking for them here. :)
NELS

Re: SCAL causing me to buy an E have ?s

Post by NELS »

Those are good questions, and I want to get the E too. I really like SCAL and know what you mean about Cricut Board..I don't want to offend anyone. I will be looking to the responses to your questions..
Betty
yocasta

Post by yocasta »

Let me see if I can answer your questions.....
1- The extra keys on the E will be irrelevant as long as you use it with your computer
2- yes you will be able to draw anywhere on the 12 x 12 page and cut larger than with the baby bug
3- To add your E to the CDS, just plug it in and update....you can change mat sizes depending on which bug you have connected to the computer
HTH, I have both and love it.
Beanie

Post by Beanie »

The size is great with the E you can make a whole page layout like cut out the name of your town and put photos behind it or your childs anme and put photos of him/her behind etc....
Beanie ~~Been There Done That~~
lilgreykitty

Post by lilgreykitty »

Thanks for the quick responce. I guess what I am having trouble with is, spending more money on another machine, and is it really worth it to make the switch. I'm so lucky that my DH says, if I can sell my baby (that didn't sound quite right :lol: ) I can get an E.
Again thanks for answering my questions. If I can find a good price on an E, I'll get it, then SCAL and I'm Ready to Rock!
YahooSeeker [Bot]

Post by YahooSeeker [Bot] »

I got my E at Walmart for $290! Cheapest I have seen... even though I feel guilty for shopping at WM.
shellieh

Post by shellieh »

you are correct. the only advantage you would have with an E is to be able to cut larger. Which is the feature I love, cause I can do whole backgrounds. :D

But don't forget, your cartridges are still good, and they have so many fun designs on them.
Fun scrapbook kits! no subs. http://www.scrappinfun.com
Come see me at my blog. http://shellieh98.blogspot.com
Aussiepat

Post by Aussiepat »

I though the E also cut finer detail a bit better than baby...maybe I am wrong on that, but I have less tearing and neater cuts with the E than with baby