Cricut has finally addressed the issue...

For your help and questions
CBJPL31

Cricut has finally addressed the issue...

Post by CBJPL31 »

I found this info in the latest "Chirp" newsletter:

Important Notice

It has come to our attention through customer support that some people are having problems with their Cricut machine after using a third party software solution. We do not have any control over any of the third party software products that may be available for use with the Cricut and cannot support them. We do not support any non-Cricut endorsed software or device. If you do encounter any problems with your machine after using one of these products, you can try and correct the problem by updating your machine with the latest firmware and by updating to the latest version of Cricut Design Studio, found here,

However, please be aware: Cutting or communicating to any Cricut machine with any 3rd party or non-Cricut endorsed software or device will void the warranty and can put at risk the stability and usability of the machine itself. Provo Craft/Cricut does not offer any level of support for machines or cartridges that have been accessed in this way because we cannot validate the compatibility of these programs with the Cricut system. Only proprietary, endorsed software, cartridges, devices and utilities available directly from Cricut.com, an authorized dealer, or Provo Craft itself are supported under warranty, and use of other than endorsed products will void the Cricut warranty. If you are not sure if a product is endorsed by Provo Craft/Cricut please contact support before using one of these products.
~Nicole~
kkrewtea

Re: Cricut has finally addressed the issue...

Post by kkrewtea »

I got that too...Notice they say to update the firmware with the latest version. The one everyone is having problems with!

Shirl
boysboysboys

Post by boysboysboys »

I read that too and just had to laugh. I have been running SCA for weeks and no problems here!! And as for voiding the warranty---who cares---my cricut machine is way passed warranty stage!! I think they are just trying to scare others from purchasing SCA. I'm so glad I did!!! :P
NELS

Post by NELS »

Yep, I think it is too funny also. I had problems with CDS before I even had SCAL. The updates for CDS just mess things up and CDS customer service for PC doesn't impress me at all. May be it will get better if they have less problems ..
sboz

Post by sboz »

Wow! Wow! Wow! PC finally responded to something! We have been asking since Aug 2007 for the Paper Dolls cart to be added to the library (they just did it last week), they still don't have SIL, HE, etc. handbooks in their library, other carts are entirely missing from the library; they don't offer us TTF within DSS which we thought was imminently coming, they don't offer us group resizing within DDS, they haven't 'fixed' the dredded red 'x' when using squares and rectangles in George............... but they bash a '3rd party' who responds to us and actually listens to us???? Hmmmm....

Todd, you are da' man! Keep those updates to SCAL coming!

Shari - who hasn't updated DSS
Bug Safe: http://www.pbase.com/bugsafe/inbox
My Blog - "The Bug Stop" - where you can find my .cut files:
http://thebugstop.blogspot.com/
Beanie

Post by Beanie »

Well they have lost me. I don't need any of the new carts I will just keep the ones I have and not update. Therefore not buying any more carts.
that will keep more money in my pocket and out of theirs!
Beanie ~~Been There Done That~~
Lianne

Post by Lianne »

i too am happy with sca...have not had any problems with it...have the new upgrade just not new firmware and i dont care about the warranty anyway...cause its out of warranty....so i have nothing to lose...and everything to gain...well cut
lilgreykitty

Post by lilgreykitty »

They won't fool too many people with their scare tactics. All anyone has to do is read the positive posts about having SCAL, and not having any trouble. Too bad those posts get buried so quickly on the cricut mb. My cricut is working just fine, and so is SCAL, so I'm not going to do the update. I don't like any of the new carts anyway.
=^..^=
Steph Stimson

Post by Steph Stimson »

Here, here girls!
Stephanie Stimson
Creative Memories Consultant
CMID #33596439

redhdgirl417@charter.net
http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/stephaniestimson
Juleen

Post by Juleen »

The warranty is a joke anyhow because you have to have a manufacture problem within the first little bit or they won't help you! They used to say if you messed with the mat (using wipes etc.,) that would void the magical warranty.... if you used a marker or stylus that would void...blah blah blah