Cricut has finally addressed the issue...

For your help and questions
Kate

Re: Cricut has finally addressed the issue...

Post by Kate »

My warranty was up long ago and I would not trade SCAL for anything! I agree that I am not modivated to purchase any more carts and I will be steering clear of any updates they are offering! People will not be scared off for very long, you can't keep a good product from being talked about!
Laurieinaz

Post by Laurieinaz »

All they're doing is losing business, given their tactics. I might well have bought a few more carts but since I now won't upgrade CDS, given my suspicions that they may try to block SCAL, the carts are now off my wishlist. They're forcing us to choose between the two programs and I choose SCAL. Didn't have to be this way...
flheat0227

Post by flheat0227 »

I love my SCAL as well. I must admit that were it not for SCAL I might have bought the Home Accents cart, but other than that, none of the new carts interest me. I like the full-featured carts that give me options and help me be creative -- most of the new ones are mini carts. I like the mini price but not the mini features.

That said, however, if PC can come out with more new full-featured carts in themes I would be interested in (and can't think of anything off the top of my head), I'm still open to buying new ones down the road. I hope PC doesn't block SCAL. My HP printer didn't block the signal coming from my IBM or Dell computers! By enabling the USB capability, the Cricut became just another peripheral for my computer (albeit a really COOL peripheral). :D
AnointedHands

Post by AnointedHands »

:lol: REALLY COOL.... :lol:
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
cydnewright

Post by cydnewright »

If they spent as much time helping us as Todd does, many of us might not have found SCAL in the first place, or decided to "risk it." After comparing CDS & SCAL though, I'll take my chances with the program that actually works, actually has customer support, and actually improves the product. To tell the truth, I've had more problems with my computer and CDS than I have with SCAL. PC's customer service has been nonexistent since CDS came out anyways, so threatening not to help us is silly. "Even though we won't help you now, if you download this program, we won't help you." DUH.
scrapbookenthusiast

Post by scrapbookenthusiast »

I really like CDS, but really feel like they should have given it the functionality that everyone was asking for to begin with (cutting TTFs mainly). I think they probably thought this would cause them to lose cartridge sales (I would have still bought cartridges), and that decision probably hurt them in the long run...
chiddy

Post by chiddy »

Hello! I just purchased SCAL yesterday. After playing with the trial version for a couple of minutes, I was hooked! This software is absolutely wonderful. I love the freedom of cutting whatever I want, the ease of use, what I believe is a superior welding option--far better than DS in my opinion--and so much more.

I agree with previous posts on this thread. I'm glad to have SCAL and will steer clear of the DS updates since I no longer desire new carts. Again, I might have purchased more carts if not for the lack of features of the new minis and the PC "monopoly" or whatever it is they have going. I'm not impressed with the PC "threats" against the use of 3rd party software. They didn't deter me in this purchase at all. This is a great product! It has made my E into exactly the machine I wanted!