SCAL5 Pro - can't see reg marks

For your help and questions
TheRobsterUK

SCAL5 Pro - can't see reg marks

Post by TheRobsterUK »

Hi all,

Just upgraded from SCAL5 to SCAL5 Pro and was importing images. I've clicked "Show Reg Marks" but nothing happens. In SCAL5 I get 4 L-shaped markers at the corners but nothing is appearing when I check the option in SCAL5 Pro. The "Show Print Margins" is working but not the Reg Marks. Anyone got any ideas???

Thanks
SandyMcC

Re: SCAL5 Pro - can't see reg marks

Post by SandyMcC »

There could be several reasons why they're not appearing on the cutting mat.

(1) Do a Ctrl+A so that all shapes are selected. Is the bounding box much larger than you're expecting? If so, then the reg marks are outside of the cutting mat boundaries which is why you cannot see them.

(2) Under Cutter>Cutter Settings, make sure the reg mark settings in the upper right corner match what you have them set in SCAL5.

(3) Make sure you have actual vector shapes to cut. You mention importing images which suggests raster images. If using File>Place Image to import, then there are no vector lines yet. You have to trace the images. If you have PNG files, then you can use File>Import but make sure the correct cut lines have been added... which only happens with transparent backgrounds. Otherwise, they need tracing, as well.

If you still cannot see your reg marks on screen, please use File>Save to save this current file and email it to me at smccauley45@cox.net. Then post back that it's been emailed and I'll find your email and then report back what I find.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/