How to export in ecal3 a PNG file at 144 DPI

For your help and questions
sandiegeek

How to export in ecal3 a PNG file at 144 DPI

Post by sandiegeek »

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create this Print2Cut files and export them as PNGs to also work in Cricut Design Space. However, in order for them to open at the true size in Design Space they need to be exported at 144 DPI. How do I do that as ecal3 has only export preset sizes of 72, 90, 96, 150, 172, 300 and 600.

If I convert it at 150 DPI when going into Design Space from an original of 2" x 4" I get a 2.083" x 4.167". I could live with the 0.083" but 0.167" is more than an 1/8 and that can make a difference depending on the project, especially if it involves PNC files for a photo album.

Thank you everyone in advance for your support and help,

Sandie
SandyMcC

Re: How to export in ecal3 a PNG file at 144 DPI

Post by SandyMcC »

I'm not a Cricut owner, thus my expience with DS is next to nothing. But why don't you just resize the image in DS to match what you need?
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
sandiegeek

Post by sandiegeek »

SandyMcC wrote:I'm not a Cricut owner, thus my expience with DS is next to nothing. But why don't you just resize the image in DS to match what you need?
Hi Sandy - thank you for your swift response and this would have been the best solution and quickest solution, but when creating PNC files for sharing, users expect to import it in their cutting software and simply print and cut.
sandiegeek

Post by sandiegeek »

SandyMcC wrote:I'm not a Cricut owner, thus my expience with DS is next to nothing. But why don't you just resize the image in DS to match what you need?
Sorry if this response appears twice. I already submitted it once but could not see it on line.

This is indeed the best and quick solution, but when creating PNC file for sharing purposes people expect to import in their cutting software and let the machine do the work. If you ask them to also do the math they would find it off putting :-)
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Just to conclude this discussion with the "best" solution. If you select 150 in the export options window for PNG files, then the imported PNG in DS will be a bit too big. In order to correct this, go back to SCAL and select the design you plan to export and then, under W or H, type in 96%, just like that. Then the image will be properly scaled down, before exporting as a PNG file. In DS, the sizing should now be correct.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/