Eclips2 Pre-Cut Laser Scan Of Inside and Outside.

For your help and questions
ScaleAero

Eclips2 Pre-Cut Laser Scan Of Inside and Outside.

Post by ScaleAero »

Lynda Kanase @ Sizzix made a YouTube presentation demonstrating the E2's pre-cut laser scan which then cut only the outside perimeter of an Easter basket line art drawing. Drawing had well defined black lines along the "outside" perimeter and the "inside" area between the handle and the top rim of the basket.

When the laser scan was performed the scan only followed the outside perimeter line...not the interior line of the area between the basket handle and top edge of the basket. The interior space was not cut when the E2 cut the form from the paper. This formed only a silhouette, not a true representation of the Easter basket handle and basket.

I know one would be expected to declare areas to be cut. However I have not found a clear example of cutting areas within a perimeter cut-line. This in kind to cutting the spaces within a doiliey. Where will I find answers to this question?
ScaleAero
SandyMcC

Re: Eclips2 Pre-Cut Laser Scan Of Inside and Outside.

Post by SandyMcC »

As long as those interior lines are actual vector lines and not just a part of an image (JPG, BMP, PNG, etc), then they should automatically cut. There are settings to hide those lines from cutting but otherwise, any vectors on the screen will be sent to cut. If this is still an issue, please upload a screenshot of the design on the main screen AND also a screenshot of the Layer Panel on the right side.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/