SCAL4 and ZING start point

For your help and questions
Dorsai007

SCAL4 and ZING start point

Post by Dorsai007 »

I'm sure this is an easy fix and that I caused it somehow but for the life of me I cannot figure out where I went wrong.

Here's whats happening. When I set up my project in SCAL4 the virtual mat shows 0,0 at top right of screen the problem is that when I send it to the Orbit, the Orbit starts at 12,12 or bottom right of the virtual mat....so I've had to move everything to the bottom right and upside down on SCAL4 in order for it to come out of the machine correct.

I'm also sure this has been answered but I've been unable to figure out the right keywords to search for it.

Thanks,

Marty
SandyMcC

Re: SCAL4 and ZING start point

Post by SandyMcC »

Every cutter brand has its own definition of where the origin will be. When SCAL was first developed, it was targeted for Cricut owners and the origin for those cutters happened to be a different corner than the KNK cutters (top left of the actual mat vs lower right of the actual mat). Thus, you cannot directly correlate the (0,0) location on the screen with the same (0,0) on your ZO. When looking at the screen in SCAL, if you are in Portrait orientation (little triangle at the top of the mat), then the lower right corner of that on-screen mat corresponds to the lower right corner of your cutting mat. When in Landscape orientation (little triangle on the left side of the mat), then the upper right corner of that on-screen mat corresponds to the lower right corner of your cutting mat.

I urge you to look at the various screenshots I show in your ZO with SCAL user manual... Section 10.07. All combinations of Orientation and Cut Mode are shown in that Section and should help you to wrap your head around where shapes will cut. And please know that this is a very common "thing" with new cutter owners. But it will eventually make sense. :)
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/