SCAL 4 and 5. How to Cut via Bluetooth to Silhouette Cameo 3

For your help and questions
sandyscs

SCAL 4 and 5. How to Cut via Bluetooth to Silhouette Cameo 3

Post by sandyscs »

Hello,
I have both SCAL 4 and SCAL 5. I have a Cameo 3 connected via Bluetooth. I confirmed it works in Silhouette Studio, so I know the Bluetooth connection works. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to cut from SCAL 4 or 5 to Cameo 3. I updated the software today for SCAL 5 to version 5.009. I sent in an email regarding the issue to CraftEdge support awhile ago without a response, which is not normal. So, I thought I would try the forum.

I used to use SCAL 4 successfully to cut to my Cameo 1, but I have not been able to cut since getting the Cameo 3. Yes, I could try a USB connection, but it is across the room, away from my computer. Any suggestions would be helpful or even a "it does not work", so I know I am not crazy! I have Windows 10. I will try from my iMAC shortly to see if it works from there, but my primary computer I use is a Windows 10 laptop.

Thanks in advance!

Sandy
SandyMcC

Re: SCAL 4 and 5. How to Cut via Bluetooth to Silhouette Cam

Post by SandyMcC »

I don't have a Cameo3 so I can't offer much help. But there are two things I can ask and then, if they don't pan out, then you'll need to just continue submitting support tickets at CraftEdge.

(1) When you confirm that it's working in Silhouette Studio, are you able to check which Com Port is being used within that program? Then, in SCAL, in the Cut Settings window where you switch to Bluetooth, instead of using Auto, actually open the drop down list and select the exact same Com Port.

(2) In the Cut Settings window, do you see the shape you want to cut in the Preview window on the right? It's easy to have assigned, say, a Draw setting or Right Side or whatever to the shape and then, in the Cut Settings window, the shape doesn't appear because you still have blade selected or Left side selected.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
sandyscs

Re: SCAL 4 and 5. How to Cut via Bluetooth to Silhouette Cam

Post by sandyscs »

Thanks for the suggestions, Sandy

Unfortunately, there is no COM port listed when cutting from Silhouette Studio, when cutting via bluetooth. Nor could I find one scouring Windows device manager. Before I wrote this, actually tested the connection on 10 com ports listed in the port dropdown in the Cutter window. I stretched a USB cable across my room and it communicates fine over the USB. So, it is something else. Since I use eCAL 3 all the time with my Sizzix eClips, I am very familiar with the cutter window. I was just hoping it would work via bluetooth. Thanks for the reply and I apologize for the delayed response. I had to go and test what you suggested.

Sandy