Spliting and image with SCAL2

For your help and questions
Alyce Williams

Spliting and image with SCAL2

Post by Alyce Williams »

Is it possible to split an image with SCAL2? I have seen videos for SCAL4, but I don't have a selection for Split Path in SCAL2.
SandyMcC

Re: Spliting and image with SCAL2

Post by SandyMcC »

Post back a screenshot of the design you want to split and what you want the outcome to be. There are several ways to interpret what you're asking.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
Alyce Williams

Post by Alyce Williams »

I am new to the forum, but I think I have posted a screen shot. I want to do something like separate the curly-q at the bottom from the letters in Christmas.
Attachments
Screen Shot.png
Screen Shot.png (205.54 KiB) Viewed 3390 times
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

The easiest way is to upgrade to SCAL5 and then you'll have the Eraser function at your disposal. Note that you can still have SCAL2 installed and then export designs from SCAL5 to SCAL2. But if you do not want to upgrade at this time, then one way to achieve what you want is to do the following:

(1) Make a copy of your design and place it on another page.

(2) On the first page, you'll just be getting the word Christmas separated. It will mess up the flourish but then you'll be repeating this process on the second page to get the flourish part.

(3) Place a little shape, like a circle, over the flourish where you want to separate the flourish from the wording. Line it up carefully. Select the design and the circle and go to Path>Back Minus Front. Don't worry yet that you can't move the floursh away. That comes later.

(4) Repeat at each place where the floursh is welded to Christmas.

(5) When you're done, select all and go to Object>Break Apart. Now you'll be able to delete all of the flourish parts.

(6) Select all of the Christmas part and go to Object>Merge.

(7) Repeat on the second page BUT this time the little circles will be place over the word Christmas right where you want to separate it from the flourish. AND you'll need to use Path>Front Minus Back instead.

If you can't get it to work, then email your file to me at smccauley45@cox.net and I'll do it for you.
Sandy McCauley
Alyce Williams

Post by Alyce Williams »

Thank you Sandy. I will try it.
Alyce Williams

Post by Alyce Williams »

It worked great. Thanks so much.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

You're welcome! So happy it worked as needed. :)
Sandy McCauley