Cuts Guide

For your help and questions
Wonderwall916

Cuts Guide

Post by Wonderwall916 »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to SCAL and I am using the Silver Bullet 24" die cut machine. I've watched a few videos and I can't seem to get the settings right to cut anything. For example, when I try to cut HTV, I set my velocity to 400 and my pressure to 20, and it doesn't cut through the material. I also increased the pressure and that doesn't seem to work as well. I then changed out the blade and started the process over without success.

I also tried cutting paper to see if I can get the settings right. But I can't seem to get the blade to cut through a 90 lb sheet, and I can't get it to make the cut through the material (I increased the pressure to 50), and where I need it to. For example, if I tried WYSIWYG, and placed the design in the middle of the mat, it doesn't cut in that general vicinity. I made sure that I am selecting the correct mat size I am using, and I also, for want of the correct verbiage, "Zero out" the destination or origin point of the mat when I go offline.

So I wanted to know what am I doing wrong?
SandyMcC

Re: Cuts Guide

Post by SandyMcC »

Because Silver Bullet is such a small company, they SHOULD be able to provide you answers to these questions more readily and more accurately than you will find at this forum, which is better suited for SCAL questions. I also believe that Silver Bullet still maintains their own forum for their customers. So maybe try contacting Silver Bullet directly. Good luck!
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/