SCAL on more than one computer?

For your help and questions
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: SCAL on more than one computer?

Post by Sweetness4713 »

UGH.... I'm having a problem getting it to save onto my laptop off the USB stick.... I was able to activate it with the same activation code on this new laptop but how do I transfer it into it without having to plug in the USB stick all the time... Im at my witts end..lol
KimberlyinMN

Post by KimberlyinMN »

What file did you have on the USB stick? Was it the Setup.exe? What I would suggest is that you download the program from the website and then run the installation again using the same activation code.

http://www.craftedge.com/download/download.php?sw=13823

It almost sounds like the program ended up being installed on the USB stick. (But I could be wrong... but I don't know why it would require the USB stick to be plugged into the computer to run the program.)
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

Yes it did download directly on the usb stick.. so what I did was reinstall it from the sight and it recognized my code right away.. hmmm...lol.. I didn't even have to reput the activation code because I checked under the SCAL help file and it was already there.. So now I can Scrap again.. But in a good way..heheh
mscoles28

Post by mscoles28 »

hi all,
I brought a new laptop last month and I'm having trouble trying to get SCAL installed on it. I have it on my old laptop and I want to transfer it to my new laptop. I notified craftedge and they sent me my original activation code to use but when I put in the activation code and my name I get and error message that my information is invalid...craftedge asked me to edit and paste the error message to them but for some reason my laptop won't let me paste the message and I'm at a lost and getting frustrated now. I saved the program onto an extenal harddrive from my old laptop, does that count as one of the two installation that they allow? can anyone fiGure this one out? help please
KimberlyinMN

Post by KimberlyinMN »

Did you install the program on the new computer or did you just copy the folder over? (Are you on a PC or a Mac?) A PC won't let you copy a program from one computer to another. When you install on a PC, bits and pieces of the program are stored in different places. I know on a Mac, you can move a program to another location without any problems as the entire program is stored in that folder (or whatever it's called on a Mac -- I only used one at work for a year or so about five years ago).
mscoles28

Post by mscoles28 »

hi kimberly, i have a PC, the old laptop is using windows xp, the new laptop is windows vista, does this matters? I don't know why it won't let me paste the error message to craftedge but i'll will continue to try. thanks
KimberlyinMN

Post by KimberlyinMN »

But you are installing onto the Vista machine, right? (Not trying to move the folder that had been on your old computer?)

One thing that you could do to get a copy of the error message is when the error message is on your computer, press the ALT key on the keyboard and with that held down, press the PrtScn button on the keyboard. (It's up on the top row of buttons.) Then open Word and click on Edit, then Paste. (Or CTRL+C) This will paste a snapshot of the error message window into the Word document. Save the document and send it as an attachment to Craft Edge's email. Or you could type out the error message under the picture in the Word document, then you could copy the text and paste that into an email.
KimberlyinMN

Post by KimberlyinMN »

Also, have you hooked up your Cricut machine to the new computer yet? (And turned on your Cricut machine?) I found this at the Craft Edge website:

http://www.craftedge.com/products/driver.html

If you hook up your Cricut to the new computer and you get a message that a driver needs to be installed, there's a link to install that driver. (And SCAL needs that driver in order to work on your machine.)

Also, did you see this in the FAQs on the Craft Edge website? It talks about how you can run SCAL on your Vista machine by setting the program to run in Windows XP Compatibility mode.

http://www.craftedge.com/products/xpmode.html
mscoles28

Post by mscoles28 »

hi kimberly
thanks for your help, i was able to edit and paste the error to craftedge using your directions. maybe this will get me some help. thanks again
cparks13

Post by cparks13 »

I have the software installed on my desktop. I purchased a laptop recently and I have tried to install the software in it with no luck. Everytime I try, it gives an error telling me the information is incorrect. I can't find my original email where the licensing information should be, so I have to click on the Activate manually box to obtain the rest of the information. I have a cd with the serial # but it doesn't seem to work. I will appreciate any help. :?