Re: SCAL on more than one computer?

Post by KimberlyinMN »

Try the "Lost Serial Number" form here:
http://www.craftedge.com/support/lostserial.php

:)
yaya

Post by yaya »

i installed on my PC desktop, I also installed on my mac laptop but of course my serial number didn't work.
My question is-
Can i design on my mac in trian mode and save it and open it on my PC to cut?
thanks in advance
yaya

Post by yaya »

i installed on my PC desktop, I also installed on my mac laptop but of course my serial number didn't work.
My question is-
Can i design on my mac in trial mode and save it and open it on my PC to cut?
thanks in advance
KimberlyinMN

Post by KimberlyinMN »

I think the trial version will only work for ten days.
cynhotaz

Post by cynhotaz »

If you hit ABOUT/HELP when your on SCAL it will show your registration number use this on another computer should work remember to add all dashes and use cap letters too
mommyto3bugs

Post by mommyto3bugs »

yaya wrote:i installed on my PC desktop, I also installed on my mac laptop but of course my serial number didn't work.
My question is-
thanks in advance
The serial number is platform specific. So if you have purchased the Mac version of the program than a 2nd copy can only be installed on another Mac computer. And also the same for Windows- it can only be opened on 2 Windows machines. The only exception is possibly that you could buy the Windows version and run it on a Mac using a Windows emulator.

If you have purchased it for Windows and are currently running it in Windows the only way to now run it on a Mac is to buy another copy, a Mac version this time, and install that on the Mac. (or try the Windows emulator, but I don't know if that works with SCAL- some have gotten it to work with Cricut Design Studio.)

As far as using the Trial mode with the Mac and then cutting with a PC, in theory you can do that... but the Trial versions are only functional for 10 (?) days, so if you are going to do that you will need to hurry.
Sarah St. - The Netherlands
SCAL 1 and 2 user

Post by MarthaT »

mommyto3bugs wrote:
yaya wrote:i installed on my PC desktop, I also installed on my mac laptop but of course my serial number didn't work.
My question is-
thanks in advance
The serial number is platform specific. So if you have purchased the Mac version of the program than a 2nd copy can only be installed on another Mac computer. And also the same for Windows- it can only be opened on 2 Windows machines. The only exception is possibly that you could buy the Windows version and run it on a Mac using a Windows emulator.

If you have purchased it for Windows and are currently running it in Windows the only way to now run it on a Mac is to buy another copy, a Mac version this time, and install that on the Mac. (or try the Windows emulator, but I don't know if that works with SCAL- some have gotten it to work with Cricut Design Studio.)

As far as using the Trial mode with the Mac and then cutting with a PC, in theory you can do that... but the Trial versions are only functional for 10 (?) days, so if you are going to do that you will need to hurry.
That clears up a lot, thank you
pbpd81

Post by pbpd81 »

Just so I'm clear on this: If my computer crashes and I lose all my programs and I have only installed SCAL one time all I would have to do on a new computer is download SCAL from Craft Edge and enter my activation code and I would get the program back?

I'm asking because I'm having computer problems and considering buying a new one so I was wondering how I would get SCAL from the old one to a new one.

Thanks, (another) Kim
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

Yes, that will work. You could also e-mail Todd and explain to him what happend and he would probably reset your code so that you could still have SCAL on two computers.
Todd
pbpd81

Post by pbpd81 »

Thank you, I will probably just ditch the old computer if I decide to get a new one (which hopfully will be before the old one crashes)
Thanks Again, Kim