Please update SCAL4

For your help and questions
Qbrix

Please update SCAL4

Post by Qbrix »

Hi

I have had a SilverBullet cutter and the SCAL4 software installed for a year or so.
If you consider doing an update of SCAL4, please consider:

1. Either remove "Check for new version" button or even better... actually let it check for a new version ;)
2. The "About SCAL4" menu option really should be the last option in the menu - not the first!
3. The scrollbars look and behave like Windows 3.0! The "new" way scrollbars usually look and behave was updated 25 years ago, so now may be the time to update yours.
4. Zoom with Alt-mousewheel is jumpy and not precise.
5. I think that panning with mousewheel is too slow. Maybe you could add an option to make it faster.
6. The way presets work in the cutter dialog is still not working properly. Installed newest 4.063 yesterday and made it crash within 20 seconds! :shock:
7. Sometimes objects move without being touched and undo isn't possible. Only solution is to close and re-open drawing. Maybe you should look into that.
8. It would be nice to have be able to use different papersizes on each page, please consider.

All the best...
SandyMcC

Re: Please update SCAL4

Post by SandyMcC »

Hi Qbrix,

I suggest you post this to the Wishlist section of the forum so that the developer is more likely to see it when he's checking for suggestions from SCAL owners.

You mentioned you installed the latest version of SCAL4 yesterday and you said it's 4.063. However, I'm running 4.069 which I downloaded from the Downloads page at least 3 weeks ago. Just making sure that was a typo.

When I pan, I hold down the Spacebar and drag my mouse. Try that... it's how I've always done it.

Numbers 6 and 7 are not anything I've ever experienced and I'm providing support for a few hundred KNK owners (maybe more) who are now using SCAL and they've not reported these issues with the Presets or with objects moving. And trust me... they bring EVERYTHING to me. lol So, I'm really curious about these two things that you're having problems with. One thing I've learned when needing to get bugs addressed with the developer of SCAL is to make quick videos so that he can see the exact steps I'm using to make something happen. If you could do that, I know it would be very helpful to him.

Number 8 is something I would certainly love to have, as well! I always prefer to set my mat to letter size for PNC and then my other pages set to whatever cardstock size I'll be using for cutting. I've never gotten into the Cutting Mat matching my actual mat. So, I just keep changing the mat size, as needed, before cutting. But it would be really nice to have different mat sizes on different pages.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
Qbrix

Post by Qbrix »

Hi Sandy

Thank you for your fast reply.
- 4.063 was a typo, it is of course 4.069
- Thank you for the spacebar-drag tip. It's funny that it makes a noise though? (A windows "ding" sound)
- I will make a small video showing the problems with 6 and 7. I have reported issue 6 before, but it still doesn't work. I saw issue 7 twice within 10 minutes yesterday, and I'm confident that I can reproduce it.

Thank you again :)
Jorgen
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

You're welcome!

Weird about the ding noise... my Windows 10 computer doesn't do that. Hmm....
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
Qbrix

Post by Qbrix »

Yes, it's weird.
I am actually doing some screendump videos right now. Where du you suggest I upload them?

Jorgen
Qbrix

Post by Qbrix »

I have created 3 videos showing the described problems:
I hope my voice in the videos is understandable :|

Video of a SCAL4 crash:
https://youtu.be/-6i6T-tJo5g

Video of objects moving around without reason:
https://youtu.be/-hZRQ-9ENRg

Video of annoying Windows sound when pressing spacebar to pan/drag:
https://youtu.be/pbzIFUnucGM

I will also post this in the "Wishlist" as you suggested and hope it will reach the right people... :)

All the best
Jorgen
papasue

Post by papasue »

My two cents worth...CraftEdge staff rarely monitor this forum, but they do answer emails. I'd send all you have to support@craftedge.com. Please come back and let us know how you do and what the answers are :)
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Qbrix

Post by Qbrix »

Hi Susan

Thank you for the information. I will consider sending an email.
ButchZ

Post by ButchZ »

Remove sound in Control Panel/Sounds

You can even select or create a profile setting "No Sounds" as displayed in picture as it is my setting on my machine
Attachments
Control Panel - Sound Settings
Control Panel - Sound Settings
no sounds.png (472.77 KiB) Viewed 27776 times
ButchZ

Post by ButchZ »

Qbrix wrote:Hi

I have had a SilverBullet cutter and the SCAL4 software installed for a year or so.
If you consider doing an update of SCAL4, please consider:

6. The way presets work in the cutter dialog is still not working properly. Installed newest 4.063 yesterday and made it crash within 20 seconds! :shock:
7. Sometimes objects move without being touched and undo isn't possible. Only solution is to close and re-open drawing. Maybe you should look into that.
#6 - I too had the same problem Update the software manually and click to download it. Whats listed is 4.068 but the download is 4.069 It is fixed

#7- I noticed in your video you clicked to resize but you never COMMITTED the setting by hitting enter. You entered a size then right away clicked on a new layer. Once setting a size, click enter and that should solve that issue