Upgrading to SCAL 4

For your help and questions
gaylecalter

Upgrading to SCAL 4

Post by gaylecalter »

Hi,
I have awful problems with SCAL 3 shutting down when I am printing - I use Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.1 so if I upgrade to SCAL 4 which supports Macintosh OSX 10.6 - 10.12 (Mac) will I have the same problems as it is not supported?
Thank you very much.
Gayle
papasue

Re: Upgrading to SCAL 4

Post by papasue »

What printer are you using? Insure that it is up to date as well.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
dawneula

Post by dawneula »

I have Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.1 and for some reason I am having trouble saving files. It says "unable to write project file. (0)" If I just click save project, it says, "unable to write project file (-1073774800)" However, in both instances it does put the file in my folder, but when I try to reopen that file it says, "Unable to read the project file. The project file may be invalid or corrupt." SO FRUSTRATING!

I don't know if it because I have updated to High Sierra, but I do know that the problem didn't begin until I updated. :?: :?: :?:
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

What version of SCAL4 are you currently running?
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
dawneula

Post by dawneula »

I went to the download section to see if I had the current update and according to the information listed about SCAL 4, I had that latest version, but I went ahead and downloaded it anyway and still on the information page after the download, it showed the same version I already had, but I decided to install it. Now my SCAL says 4.069. I can't remember what the version was before, but that did fix the problem. I can now save my files again. YAY!!

It was just a little confusion because the new version had the wrong numbers. It did not say 4.069 and it also said it only supports Macintosh OSX 10.6 - 10.12, which I have Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.1. However, it is fixed for now. Hopefully I won't run into any other problems.