SCAL 2 Trace Help

For your help and questions
OldsGal

SCAL 2 Trace Help

Post by OldsGal »

Help! I am trying to trace an image in SCAL2 and I select the image. In the thumbnail it shows the last image I traced not the new one I selected. But when I click on Preview it shows that new image I want to trace. But then when I actually trace it the old image that I traced imports into the mat. I even went so far as to delete the old image from my computer but it is still tracing that image and not the new image. So then I uninstalled SCAL2 and deleted the jpg image of the old stuck image as well as the svg file of the old stuck image and the saved project that I did with that svg image. I emptied recycle bin. Restarted my computer. Installed a fresh SCAL2. Restarted teh computer one more time just for good measure. And all be if that old image STILL is stuck in the trace image thumbnail and is still doing the exact same thing. I have a ton of projects to get done today. I don't have time for this. Grrrr... Please please please can anyone help me out.
OldsGal

Re: SCAL 2 Trace Help

Post by OldsGal »

Really no one has any ideas? Since posting I have run disk clean up. I have searched the PC for the file name flower and deleted it anywhere I found it. I even searched the registry for it. I have gone into SCAL2 in any setting I could find and reset them back to original default settings. And yet still.....NOTHING is working. I am so frustrated right now I seriously feel like crying. I have a backlog of Christmas Presents to get done along with a million other things in my life to get done and I can't work on them. I need that Trace Function. I am attaching two pictures. One of the Auto Trace Screen and one of the grid/mat after I trace.
Attachments
Grid After Trace.jpg
Grid After Trace.jpg (173 KiB) Viewed 4673 times
AutoTrace Image.jpg
AutoTrace Image.jpg (70.32 KiB) Viewed 4673 times
OldsGal

Post by OldsGal »

Really no one has any ideas? Since posting I have run disk clean up. I have searched the PC for the file name flower and deleted it anywhere I found it. I even searched the registry for it. I have gone into SCAL2 in any setting I could find and reset them back to original default settings. And yet still.....NOTHING is working. I am so frustrated right now I seriously feel like crying. I have a backlog of Christmas Presents to get done along with a million other things in my life to get done and I can't work on them. I need that Trace Function. I am attaching two pictures. One of the Auto Trace Screen and one of the grid/mat after I trace.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

I wish I could help you but I only use SCAL4. Here's a site that will trace raster images and provide SVG's:

http://picsvg.com/
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
papasue

Post by papasue »

Not sure what the problem is but I got it to trace in Inkscape. Just the outline not the inner divides if this will work for you. I am attaching the svg file as I don't have scal2 anymore and I am on a Mac.

Let us know if it works for you.
Attachments
startrace.svg
(3.5 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Cosmo88

Post by Cosmo88 »

I didn't have any issues tracing your image. I only work with SCAL4 so I don't know if it's a matter of different settings now or not. But either way, here's my tracing of it.

สมัครGclub