How to smooth edges

For your help and questions
VinDeeLoo

How to smooth edges

Post by VinDeeLoo »

I am new to SCAL. I have an image I am trying to cut to vinyl or even etch it on glass. When I trace the object the edges are not smooth and will look horrible in vinyl or etching. I have an old cricut and will be getting a new machine for Christmas. I am trying to design until I get a machine. When I etch, I cut on contact paper an then use that as my stencil.

I get 2 cut lines my outlines.
Attachments
What it looks like.
What it looks like.
skull.jpg (195.26 KiB) Viewed 2619 times
What I want to cut.
What I want to cut.
skull-sword-outline.jpg (27.85 KiB) Viewed 2619 times
SandyMcC

Re: How to smooth edges

Post by SandyMcC »

I didn't have any issues tracing your image. I only work with SCAL4 so I don't know if it's a matter of different settings now or not. But either way, here's my tracing of it.
Attachments
Skull.svg
(16.4 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
VinDeeLoo

Post by VinDeeLoo »

Thank you. I will open it when I get home.
VinDeeLoo

Post by VinDeeLoo »

Thank you so much. Is this how the file opened, or did you have to do anything? If it is how it opened, I wonder what is different about my settings? I am really wanting to get this down as I am looking at a KNK Orbit for Christmas.
VinDeeLoo

Post by VinDeeLoo »

SandyMcC wrote:I didn't have any issues tracing your image. I only work with SCAL4 so I don't know if it's a matter of different settings now or not. But either way, here's my tracing of it.

Thank you Sandy. I am guessing something is not right in my settings. If I open in Paint Shop Pro and save it as a png, it if fine also. I don't know what I am doing.

PS If I end up responding 3 times, I am sorry. I have tried to reply to this post, and my responses aren't showing up.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Here are the settings I used... just default ones:
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (59.54 KiB) Viewed 2571 times
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/