Problems moving SCAL2 and cricut expression to a new Mac

For your help and questions
CamperKate

Problems moving SCAL2 and cricut expression to a new Mac

Post by CamperKate »

I have an 2010 version of SCAL2 and have run it on my old mac with a cricut expression for years. My Mac died so I moved SCAL2 to my new Mac. It wouldn't cut so I turned it off and downloaded and installed the update and driver from craftedge. I'm still getting the error message. Support hasn't been much help. I just keep getting an email to do what I've already done. Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it. I don't want to have to buy a new cutter because I have all the accessories for the cricut.
papasue

Re: Problems moving SCAL2 and cricut expression to a new Mac

Post by papasue »

My guess is that scal2 was obsoleted before your mac upgrade. You will need, as I did, to upgrade to a new cutter and the appropriate vs of scal. I got an Eclips and am very happy with it.

Not what u wanted to hear I know! Maybe someone else has an idea!
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
CamperKate

Post by CamperKate »

Thanks for the response. I kept playing around and finally got it working. I've already finished two Christmas projects! Wahoo!
papasue

Post by papasue »

Congrats! Would you share how you got it to work for others who have the same issue. Include vs of scal and Mac OS version please?
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
CamperKate

Post by CamperKate »

Sorry, I'm not sure what got it working but I think this is what I did. After I downloaded and installed the driver and updates off craftedge it didn't work so I turned everything off and unplugged the usb cord. When I turned the computer back on I plugged the usb back in, opened SCAL2 and it cut. All I can think is it has a sequence to see the driver and the program saw it when turned back on.