Creating a SVG, issues with mutiple cut lines

For your help and questions
jeeplover2

Creating a SVG, issues with mutiple cut lines

Post by jeeplover2 »

I have a question about creating a SVG file in SCAL4 Pro. I'm trying to create a custom logo that has multiple layers. I'll try to make this question as short as I can. I've taken the layers and arranged them properly. Then I've erased certain areas in the background layers, so that I won't have cut lines through the top layers. The problem I've run into is, even though I've merged & grouped & created the file, it still has multiple cut lines around the foreground images. I've adjusted the nodes & lined them up, so that I only see one line in the image itself, but when I click the Preview button, I can still see the multiple cut lines. My image is of a horseshoe with borders with the letters BA on top of it. How do I get rid of these multiple cut lines?
papasue

Re: Creating a SVG, issues with mutiple cut lines

Post by papasue »

Did you create the file in Inkscape or did you export as svg from scal and then open svg in scal? or did you I'm a little confused.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
jeeplover2

Post by jeeplover2 »

I created the file in SCAL4. I had an image that I traced, then added some text to it.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

I enjoy helping with this type of issue, but it's difficult without being able to see the file. In general, when I need to delete extra detail, I will apply Object>Break Apart. Then click away so that nothing is selected. Then I will be able to individually select unwanted paths and just delete them. If there's a part of a path I want to delete, versus the entire path, then I just use the Erase function. I never do any kind of node editing unless it for smoothing a lumpy curve. But again... I can only assist if I see the file, so feel free to post it here and explain in more detail what you need to be corrected.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
jeeplover2

Post by jeeplover2 »

I've added 2 pictures. One of the entire image which I created using multiple layers. The other is a close up of the cut preview. My issue is the extra lines around the letters where they intersect the horseshoe.
Attachments
Close up of the cut preview. Shows multiple cut lines.
Close up of the cut preview. Shows multiple cut lines.
2017-09-21 09.22.25.jpg (1.96 MiB) Viewed 5070 times
This is the complete image.
This is the complete image.
2017-09-21 09.21.48.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 5070 times
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

From what I can see (and without actually being ableto test anything myself), I stand by what I posted before. Try the Break Apart. Click away. And then see if you can select those extra paths and delete them. If that doesn't work, then you can email the file to me at smccauley45@cox.net and I'll be able to better tell what's up.
Sandy McCauley
jeeplover2

Post by jeeplover2 »

I'll work on it some more and if I can't get it to work, I'll email it to you. Thanks for your help!
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

You're welcome! Happy to help!
Sandy McCauley