some questions about new versions

For your help and questions
lynnscraps

some questions about new versions

Post by lynnscraps »

I see there has been a lot of questions about the new version 4, but I have been out of the loop for a long time. Please bear with me for a couple more questions. I have ver. 2.043 (told you it has been a while) and if I want the new ver. 4, do I download the previous versions or go straight to v.4? Does v.4 have the ability to copy something from the internet or a scan, such as a coloring book page or image, and import it into the software to save and cut? Am I eligible for the discounted price? I have always heard about the free upgrades but my understanding is the 4 is not an upgrade, but a new version. Last question: is the software upgraded fairly often? I do not want to pay for new versions which are not upgraded for years. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope to be more active in the future.
papasue

Re: some questions about new versions

Post by papasue »

What cutter do u have? The newer vs do not work with older cutters although some folks create in new versions and are able to export to scal2 to cut.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
lynnscraps

Re: some questions about new versions

Post by lynnscraps »

Hey papasue, I remember you from when I used to post here!
I have a Sillouette Cameo with the old 2.047 version. I think I want to get the new version if I get some answers to my questions and I'm sure you would know.
Thank you for taking the time to help me out.