Basic shape import

For your help and questions
Phil_H

Basic shape import

Post by Phil_H »

HI all. Just bought a US cutter SC series. I use it for basic logos and shapes for my custom paint business.

I have been trying to upload a very simple file for a faux carbon fiber look after I paint and airbrush. I have attached pics of what I need the mask to look like. This SCAL program is basically 1990 technology so its a bit tough for me to understand with such lack of youtube vids that are nothing more than how to print a star.

ANYWAYS, I drew TO SCALE, what I needed in solidworks 2016. Saved it in a bunch of different formats. (.AI/SVG/ JPG/PNG etc) and nothing is pulling into my "mat" area like I need it to cut... can anyone help me? have had zero help from US cutter, and zero response from Craft edge.
papasue

Re: Basic shape import

Post by papasue »

hi, when you say you "pulled it" onto the mat did you use the "trace" feature to do that or just pasted it onto the mat?
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

If you were able to import the SVG format and it was just the wrong size, that can be rectified under Edit>Preferences (on a Mac use Command +). You'll just need to test the various options to see which one scales your SVG to the original size.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
Phil_H

Post by Phil_H »

HI guys. I am getting very frustrated with this. Youtube doesn't show me what I need. and there is no contact to get ahold of anyone at craft edge for someone to explain how to use this stuff I just bought..

is anyone willing to help?? or is there a site or a message board that actually has traction ?