Need help removing extra cut lines

For your help and questions
cracraftc

Need help removing extra cut lines

Post by cracraftc »

I've looked everywhere and cant find how to remove extra cut lines the intersect each other on my design.

I'm trying to simplify the 2 places circled, so it all becomes one piece. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Attachments
help.png
help.png (36.45 KiB) Viewed 2854 times
SandyMcC

Re: Need help removing extra cut lines

Post by SandyMcC »

Normally, one would just use Path>Union to remove overlap between two different shapes. However, if you imported this file as a vector file created in some other program, that doesn't always work. I've seen some bizarre things happen. If this is an import, then first, make sure you can drag one piece away from another. If not, then try using Object>Break Apart first. Then click away so that nothing is selected. Then see if you can move one shape away from another. If so, then the Path>Union should work. If not, then I would need to see the file and play around with it like I've have to do with some of my customers' files in the past.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
papasue

Post by papasue »

What version of scal are you using. Was the design created aa .jpg, png, svg, scal?
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
cracraftc

Post by cracraftc »

Awesome, I'll try to path-union trick to see if it works. Not sure what program it was created in, but it was imported.

Still pretty new to SCALP4 so I'm trying to learn how to do all this! Thanks.
cracraftc

Post by cracraftc »

SandyMcC wrote:Normally, one would just use Path>Union to remove overlap between two different shapes. However, if you imported this file as a vector file created in some other program, that doesn't always work. I've seen some bizarre things happen. If this is an import, then first, make sure you can drag one piece away from another. If not, then try using Object>Break Apart first. Then click away so that nothing is selected. Then see if you can move one shape away from another. If so, then the Path>Union should work. If not, then I would need to see the file and play around with it like I've have to do with some of my customers' files in the past.
Just did this and it worked no problem. Thanks for the help!
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

You're welcome! Very happy to hear it was a simple fix. : )
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/