Not recognizing SVG files

For your help and questions
Lucas16

Not recognizing SVG files

Post by Lucas16 »

Finally set up my I-craft and trying to import (Trace Image) a SVG file created in inkscape. I am trying to print and cut. It's saved on a thumb drive and when I browse SCA will recognize PNG's but not SVG files. I dragged a SVG file to desk top and no good, not recognizing it there. I also made a folder on desk top and dropped a file in there and that didn't work. SCA sees the folder on desk top but will not see the SVG file in there. Folders with PNG's are fine. Is there a different way to save the file? I just do a "save as" in Inkscape and let it save as SVG. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
SandyMcC

Re: Not recognizing SVG files

Post by SandyMcC »

You can only use File>Import to bring in an SVG file (or click on the Import icon at the top of the screen). The Trace Image function is for raster images, such as .JPG, .BMP, .PNG. etc. Now depending on what you created in Inkscape for your PNC project, you might be better off exporting as PNG or whatever and re-tracing it in SCAL. It kind of depends.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

I use Inkscape/eCAL all of the time for Print2Cut. Did you know that there are plug-ins to send your file directly from Inkscape to SCAL/eCAL? I highly recommend them if you are designing outside of SCAL since they bypass the save/import navigation steps. http://craftedge.com/download/download_extras.php
Lucas16

Post by Lucas16 »

Thanks for the help. The tutorials I've watched that were from GCC don't mention what file types will work with print and cut. Using a PNG has definitely moved me along but still haven't been able to print registration marks. Need to get more of the basics down with sizing placing correctly to print 8.5" x 11", etc. Don't know if I messed up with the shadow box removal.

Thanks again, this has given me a big boost forward.