Im having BIG trouble seeing my projects on my mat...

For your help and questions
Kelleyscards

Im having BIG trouble seeing my projects on my mat...

Post by Kelleyscards »

Im designing a project and I cant see what Im doing. All I see is a faint image. Now if I highlight it I can see the outline sometimes I can use or not use the "show outlines only" button but even then its a crap shoot. Ive been told it has something to do with the opacity but they are always at 100 & even if I go lower it makes no difference. I just am fed up with it. If ANYONE can help me I would deeply appreciate it ! Here is the design Im working on see if it comes through for you all and in a way that you can actually see it ! Thanks sooo much for any help you can give !
Attachments
WTF.svg
(95.76 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
talanhart

Re: Im having BIG trouble seeing my projects on my mat...

Post by talanhart »

Select all your artwork and make sure it's either filled or Stroked.
Todd
Kelleyscards

Post by Kelleyscards »

talanhart wrote:Select all your artwork and make sure it's either filled or Stroked.

So it says I have a fill AND a stroke color of black. All that did was change my outline color to black. And thats only if I select the image. If I dont have anything selected its like Im looking at a blank mat. This is crazy ! Its done this ever since Ive had scal 4. I have wrote about this before to no avail either so Im getting a little miffed to put it lightly. Im not a pro or anything I do alot of my stuff for gifts & for fun but really I should get what I paid for. I just tried bringing the exact same file into scal 2 and it comes thru perfectly. This is something to do with 4 and I want to know what it is !! Im not venting at you Im venting to you btw, I do appreciate you actually trying to help me so very much !!
Kelleyscards

Post by Kelleyscards »

So ok I thought about what I wrote yesterday about writing about this to no avail...I went back thru my posts and I was wrong. I apologize. There were two very good answers that I forgot because I only use scal 4 pro when I design. I am more comfortable with SCAL 2 and my trusty cricut expression. Well I couldnt use the expression for this project so I had to open scal 4 again.
So back to the two very good answers...so one was I had open paths which I tried to "close paths" on this file & I swear it did nothing. Another answer was that my "workspace alpha" needed to be set to 100 so as to not "let the mat show through the design"....
So thats where my problem was, the workspace alpha. I dont even design enough to even know what that is but I magically seen my images after that. So that problem is solved. (btw thank God that we are able to see our old posts b/c that was way back in 2015 & apparently I forgot I actually got an answer to the very question I was asking just now !

Thanks for trying to help me Talenhart!!!! I really do appreciate it! :)