Font not cutting cleanly

For your help and questions
BelleH

Font not cutting cleanly

Post by BelleH »

Hoping that someone can help. My logo is not cutting cleanly. I am using SCAL 4 PRO and Silver Bullet 24 inch. Admittedly I got the machine today and I am still learning

I am very nervous as the problem I have is the same as when I got a Silhouette 3. If you can see the attached photo, the stencil on the left was cut with the Silver Bullet, one on the right with my silhouette 2.

The logo is awful, to put it lightly. Also the “turn points” are not square - the corners of each stencil..like the knife drags around them. I have tried a few things, slowing the machine down (not really what I wanted to do as it is supposed to be a faster machine - but last try was pressure 140 and speed 140 also. I am using 125micron mylar), redoing with the logo within SCAL etc and it comes out like this each time. I don’t understand why this happens, but I can not send out my product like this. For the most part the design seems ok. I have checked and this font is a TTF which one of the work arounds I found said it will not cut OTF but TTF are fine. The font is Delius Swash Caps.

I have attached the file is that is any help to anyone but I have over 350 designs, I don't want to have to update each one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Last edited by BelleH on Tue May 23, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BelleH

Re: Font no cutting cleanly

Post by BelleH »

stencil blank file
Attachments
stencil blank.scut4
(32.42 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
SandyMcC

Re: Font not cutting cleanly

Post by SandyMcC »

I checked your file and the lettering, at the maximum height, is only 0.25". The Silver Bullet will most likely not be able to get better results unless you try all caps with a basic font like Arial, and then use a blade with an Offset that's around 0.25. Do your blades indicate what offset should be used in SCAL? If it's higher, you're probably not going to get the detail you need at that size.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/