More than One Project at a time

For your help and questions
BelleH

More than One Project at a time

Post by BelleH »

Is there a way I can have more than one project at a time open?? When I am in a project and go to open another one to take an element from the new one to add to the old one it closes the old one. Asking if I want to save changes before closing? I am thinking I must be missing something as this is quite odd I feel?? Surely you should be able to have more than one project open at once????
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: More than One Project at a time

Post by HeatherM »

I don't have SCAL4 or ECAL2, so I'm not sure if this is still true. Try opening one file and then using File/Import for the second one. Your second file should be opened into a new tab of the original file. HTH
papasue

Post by papasue »

I have ecal2. The answer varies depending on what you want to open. Are you using a scal file or an svg, png, jpg etc.

I can open a file created in ecal and then import an svg onto the same mat, I can open an ecal file and open another ecal file and copy/paste onto one of the mats. so trial and error will give you the answer I think.

Others may do it differently and one of them might come along with another answer.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
BelleH

Post by BelleH »

I have SCAL 4 Pro... I am trying to move to what I thought would be a more efficient way of doing things, Silhouette Studio allows me to have 20+ files open at one time with a tab system - is there not a way to do the same??

I am starting to think I have made a horrible mistake and I am very stressed. Surely you can have more than one file open at a time? I just find it ridiculous if you can't?

I can't be the only person in this situation??
BelleH

Post by BelleH »

HeatherM wrote:I don't have SCAL4 or ECAL2, so I'm not sure if this is still true. Try opening one file and then using File/Import for the second one. Your second file should be opened into a new tab of the original file. HTH

Oh my -THANK YOU - this appears to have worked, really appreciate your reply!
TaraW

Post by TaraW »

BelleH wrote:I have SCAL 4 Pro... I am trying to move to what I thought would be a more efficient way of doing things, Silhouette Studio allows me to have 20+ files open at one time with a tab system - is there not a way to do the same??

I am starting to think I have made a horrible mistake and I am very stressed. Surely you can have more than one file open at a time? I just find it ridiculous if you can't?

I can't be the only person in this situation??
I purchased a LaserPoint II cutter for working on larger projects as my business is expanding, and so I needed software that could talk to both my Cameo and my LaserPoint. SCAL 4 works with both. Its a pain to learn new software as it is but I am very bugged by not being able to work on more than one project at a time as I have been able to with Silhouette Studio. What I usually am doing is cutting one project and working on design work etc. for another, constantly moving back and forth thereby not wasting time. Is there ANY solution to this issue? I am like BelleH and am really regretting spending the money for the program and converting a lot of my files over.