Cutting Issue - Feeding incorrectly.

For your help and questions
TrishO4

Cutting Issue - Feeding incorrectly.

Post by TrishO4 »

Really hope someone can help. I currently use the USCutter MH version with the Craft Egde program (Sure Cuts a lot). Up until a few days ago it was cutting just fine. The issue is, now when we go to cut and load the vinyl into the cutter like we use to, it is feeding through and cutting it about 8-12 inches into the vinyl. We have checked all the settings and even uninstalled and reinstalled the program with no luck. The feed arrows on the preview are all the way to the right, with feeding indicated to the right. Can someone please tell me how to change this to the original setting where the feeding was on the left? Thanks!
SandyMcC

Re: Cutting Issue - Feeding incorrectly.

Post by SandyMcC »

I don't know your particular cutter but if one of my customers posted this same issue, I would first have them verify the cutting mode in the Cut Settings window. If you have Origin Point selected, then the shapes are moved to the origin for cutting. If you have WYSIWYG mode selected the shapes cut where they are located on the on-screen mat. Have a look at the preview image inn the Cut Settings window... it will also show you were the shapes are going to cut on your material based on the selected Cut Mode. Hope this helps!
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
TrishO4

Re: Cutting Issue - Feeding incorrectly.

Post by TrishO4 »

I have it set to cut on wysiwyg mode and it is still cutting incorrectly. The cutter will feed the vinyl through about 8 inches or so before it begins cutting. This makes it impossible to use smaller pieces to cut small projects and causes a lot of waste.