Tool Windows

For your help and questions
ThatLeagueGuy

Tool Windows

Post by ThatLeagueGuy »

I recently updated to SCAL 4Pro and there are definitely a lot of perks to the program that have been updated since 3. My one gripe, however, is the tool windows that are tabbed for Document, Position, Color, Style, and Text. I mainly use the program for making jerseys and do a lot of font resizing etc and enjoyed the separate windows being open that I could easily utilize. Now there are a couple of extra clicks I have to do for each edit. That may not seem like much, but when you're making 1200 shirts it can get a but annoying. Basically I was needing to know if there is a way to separate the tool windows again or if I am stuck having to get used to this setup? It's also a bit annoying because if I mis-click while going for a word the window reverts back to the Document tab rather than staying on the Text tab.

Thanks in advance for any help. And if anyone else does a lot of name and number layouts and has any tips they've come across I'd love to hear them.
papasue

Re: Tool Windows

Post by papasue »

I have set up my workspace in ecal with the windows and panels I want to open automatically, then "window/workspace/save workspace so that whenever I open my scal it opens with it all set and ready.

Let me know if this works for you.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Double click the icon for Text and is should then place a dividing line right above it and keep that text window open and accessible.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
ThatLeagueGuy

Post by ThatLeagueGuy »

SandyMcC wrote:Double click the icon for Text and is should then place a dividing line right above it and keep that text window open and accessible.
Thank you, I'm sad to admit that I finally figured that out and how long it took to figure out.