Change setting to make outlines of images/text darker?

For your help and questions
bunnyhop24

Change setting to make outlines of images/text darker?

Post by bunnyhop24 »

Does anyone know how to change the settings in SCAL4 so that your images and text show up with darker outlines? I don't want to have to change each image, I just want to know if there is a setting I can change so that they always show up darker. They were much darker and easier to see in SCAL2. I can barely see them in SCAL4, unless I'm looking at the screen from straight on and fairly up close.
SandyMcC

Re: Change setting to make outlines of images/text darker?

Post by SandyMcC »

With nothing selected, open the Fill & Stroke Panel. Make sure the Stroke color, to the right of "Color" is black. Make sure Opacity is set to 100 . And then you can set the width to a higher value. Now, all new shapes you add will have those settings. The only problem is that it seems you can't save this for next time. I tried saving it as a custom workspace but when I re-opened SCAL and selected that Workspace the stroke was back at a default of 1 mm. But anyhow, this is a quick way to increase the stroke when adding new shapes to a file.

Also, on the Document Panel, make sure the Workspace Alpha is set to 100%.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
bunnyhop24

Re: Change setting to make outlines of images/text darker?

Post by bunnyhop24 »

Thanks for your response. Yes, I know how to do all of that. I am needing a way for the all my images and text to default to a darker appearance. I'm not sure why they set it to automatically be so light. It's not this light in SCAL2. So, I guess this means I have to change it every time? That's frustrating! Seems like an error or oversight to me.