Looking for the menu where I could move the mat forward

For your help and questions
karinds

Looking for the menu where I could move the mat forward

Post by karinds »

Hello everyone,
I remember many updates ago when using my Sure cuts a lot I had an option where I could creep little by little the mat forward before starting to cut. Since a few updates this function has disappeared. Does anyone have any ideas where or how I can do this now?
Thanks
Karin
papasue

Re: Looking for the menu where I could move the mat forward

Post by papasue »

HI, it would help alot if you said what version of scal/ecal you use, on what cutter as there may be differences.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
karinds

Post by karinds »

Hello Susan,

I use eCal2 version 2.018 which I believe is the latest version. The very first version used to have this function and now as far as I can see looking I can't find it anymore. :(

Regards
Karin
papasue

Post by papasue »

Hi, trying to figure out how to answer your question...but have to ask why you want to do that? What issue do you have the wants you to move it forward? sorry if I am being dense!
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
karinds

Post by karinds »

Hi Susan,

No your not being dense at all. I used to use this function when I used slightly thicker cardstock and I could creep it just under the edge of the rollers so when it started to cut it didn't spit it out. I found that often with a thicker cardstock or ultra shiny the rollers dont grip it well. It was a handy function that they have taken away with each upgrade. I love my electronic cutting but seriously now starting to look at to upgrade my cutter as the eclips is pretty low in functions to change settings.