Cameo 3 cutting off the top of the paper

For your help and questions
ayryq

Cameo 3 cutting off the top of the paper

Post by ayryq »

OK, got a Cameo 3 for Christmas, bought SCAL a few minutes ago after playing with the demo but not trying any cuts.

First attempt was a large single letter and the cutter apparently skipped nodes, I think if I remember to "Simplify" any text that will fix it. Second attempt at cutting was an svg and it went fine.

Except: The cutter is cutting off the top of the page, on the margin of the cutting mat. I'm using the Cameo touch screen to "load" the cameo mat with a piece of 8.5x11 cardstock aligned with the top of the grid. My mat has a 3/4" margin, and the horizontal cut which was meant to be 1/2" inside the paper, actually cut about 1/8" above the paper, on the margin of the mat. So, everything is cutting about 5/8" higher than it's supposed to.

I cannot find any setting for this within the program. There is a "calibrate..." button in the cut dialog but it does literally nothing. And there is no mention of it anywhere in the on- or off-line documentation. The only mention I can find of calibration (whatever that is) is connected with the introduction of the feature in version 2 (!).

So I'm frustrated. I expected this software to be $60 better than the free Silhouette designer, and so far it's not even usable, and the documentation is pointless.
ayryq

Re: Cameo 3 cutting off the top of the paper

Post by ayryq »

I think I know the problem -- but not how to fix it.

Previous iterations of the Silhouette Cameo evidently had two "Load" options - "Load media" and "Load mat". The Cameo 3 has only "Load". The software then instructs the cutter to advance the rollers the proper amount depending on if the software has been told that you're using a mat or not. SCAL evidently does not have this option and cuts on the mat as if you've selected "load media."

I can't believe no one else with a Cameo 3 has had this problem.

Any ideas?
ayryq

Post by ayryq »

I updated the software from version 4.057 to 4.058 and the problem is fixed.

Thanks
The Cynergist

Post by The Cynergist »

I have a similar problem. I'm using the cameo 3 with SCAL 4, and it seems the cutter won't even read the entire design resulting in incomplete cuts. I have no clue how to scale my designs to fit within what appears to be a random cut area, and apparently, neither does Craft Edge because I have yet to get a reply to that question.
Snijderke

Post by Snijderke »

ayryq wrote:I updated the software from version 4.057 to 4.058 and the problem is fixed.

Thanks
I wonder that my scal4 = "latest updat" = version 4.051. And my scal4-pro = "latest version" 4.053. My software tells me that there is no opdate and that I have the latest version???

I do not understand that , Who knows an answer?
Greetings from Belgium.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

I don't know why your software doesn't show that there is an update, but if you go to the Craft Edge website the most recent version is 4.063. http://craftedge.com/download/download.html Just download it direct and install it.
philou01

Post by philou01 »

ayryq wrote:I think I know the problem -- but not how to fix it.

Previous iterations of the Silhouette Cameo evidently had two "Load" options - "Load media" and "Load mat". The Cameo 3 has only "Load" référenceur site web Paris. The software then instructs the cutter to advance the rollers the proper amount depending on if the software has been told that you're using a mat or not. SCAL evidently does not have this option and cuts on the mat as if you've selected "load media."

I can't believe no one else with a Cameo 3 has had this problem.

Any ideas?
Thank you for this information. It is true that the use of this tool is quite simple but requires a little knowledge.