Pressure and blade depth settings

For your help and questions
jaskets

Pressure and blade depth settings

Post by jaskets »

I just had to replace my old Eclips and got a new Eclips 2. With the old machine I had to set the blade depth to 6 to cut anything and usually upped the pressure and/or slowed the speed down (and often had to double cut) to cut 85-100# card stock. Everything I read online says to have the blade depth at a medium 3 to maybe 4 and use the default speed/pressure. If I did that I would barely score the surface of the paper. If it has just been with the old machine I would say it was just wonky, but the brand new machine seems to be the same way.

I am having to max the pressure just to get a cut all the way through 100# card stock. I tried doing a double cut, but on two of my 6 reindeer (I am trying to finish my Christmas cards) the second pass was missaligned or offset by 1/64". And, to top all that off, even though all of the outlines are exactly the same, each deer is slightly different, if I stack all the cutout shapes together you can tell that some are slightly different, for example it is noticeable that the ears aren't the same size in all of the 6.

What am I doing wrong?