Screen & Mat out of calibration

For your help and questions
Steverc

Screen & Mat out of calibration

Post by Steverc »

My cut starts exactly to left of what the screen shows by 1". It does it with WYSIWYG or origin point. Any ideas is it a bug or setting? I am using the newest version 4.051.
jrichards

Re: Screen & Mat out of calibration

Post by jrichards »

I would contact CraftEdge about that one but before you do make sure that there isn't something small on the mat with whatever you are cutting. If there is you should be able to see it using Preview. What machine are you using?
Steverc

Post by Steverc »

Using a Zing Air. I have print n cut dead on. When i try in WYSIWYG it is still off about the distance of the Knife point and laser light. I do have the Zing air selected in the drop down menu with bluetooth option selected.Origin point is close if you go by blade instead of laser pointer. Thought there might be a way to calibrate to pointer outside of Print n cut.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Are you setting the origin using the tip of the blade or using the laser light? What are your current PNC calibration numbers? Also, take a photo of your paper on the mat and the head in position right before you execute the cut.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
Steverc

Post by Steverc »

Setting origin with laser light in WYSIWYG. I have PNC adjusted where it is cutting perfect. The PNC calibration numbers are X = .030 & Y = .970. But in WYSIWYG it acts like it is ignoring the offset between light and blade.
Steverc

Post by Steverc »

IMG_20160909_201159.jpg
IMG_20160909_201159.jpg (1.61 MiB) Viewed 6299 times
Here is the photo after I have set origin and just before I hit cut.
Steverc

Post by Steverc »

Filled out and sent a Technical Support Form.
Steverc

Post by Steverc »

Still waiting on a reply from Support has been over 8 days. How long does it usually take to hear from them ?
Steverc

Post by Steverc »

This is acting the same way in Windows 10 version of 4.051. And yes I own 2 copies of Sure Cuts A Lot 4, Windows version on mine and the Mac version on my wife's.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

This appears to be a bug in the Zing Air and Maxx Air plugin...plus maybe all of the other KNK plugins outside of the Force. I've not heard back anything either, Steve. I'll send another email on Monday.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/