TILING in PRO 4

For your help and questions
Hairdidgery

TILING in PRO 4

Post by Hairdidgery »

;) :( I am NOT able to get the tiling feature to work. No matter what I do it only cuts the FIRST section and then the other sections SHOW on the screen BUT are not cutting properly. it's like it doesn't know where they are.

I have a 45x48 design I want to cut. I put it into 4 columns...column 1 cuts fine..then it's time to do column 2 and it is showing in the tiling screen BUT is in the middle of that screen, not all left justified like in the tutorial. I have changed my mat size to 12 wide and it doesn't work...then to 48 wide and it doesn't work. It is all showing as if it will work fine BUT I cannot figure out if there is a glitch OR if I am doing something wrong.

I have check all the boxes for overlapping, columns etc...but even though it says it will cut in tiles for those cutting wider than 12 it seems the system doesn't know how to do this. it only wants to cut whatever is showing in the far left column BUT there is not a way to move the 2,d, 3rd, 4th tiles to a far left justification to cut.

HELP> I have SOLD designs and cannot cut them. I am thinking I may have to figure it out manually BUT that is not why I paid the extra to upgrade to PRO>
Attachments
Tia Hayden - Dancer Wall DEcal READY.scut4
(178.57 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
Hairdidgery

Re: TILING in PRO 4

Post by Hairdidgery »

The tiling is all setup..BUT after the first column it is not cutting column 2-4 properly. It is wanting to cut in the middle or far right. I am cutting a 45 w by 48 tall image...trying to cut it into 4 panels...it is showing all of the cuts in the tiling screen BUT it is not left justifying them...even if I click direclty on those columns and click to cut it is trying to cut at 13 inches from the right to pickup where the first column left off INSTEAD of cutting in the 12 inch cutting width I have available
orien

Post by orien »

I have the same issue and have looked all over the forums for the solution, to no avail. All that will cut is whatever piece is shown on placed on the mat.
Attachments
Tiling issue.PNG
Tiling issue.PNG (86.44 KiB) Viewed 5408 times
papasue

Post by papasue »

Craftedge.com has a support request form to get help directly from the developer.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
orien

Post by orien »

Well I sent the email when I saw this post, still no response.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Sorry, if I'm not fully understanding. But are you clicking on the "dot" to show what layer or layers you want to cut? See how there's a blade icon on the bottom layer in your screenshot but the others have dot icons.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
orien

Post by orien »

No matter which section I select or unselect the only piece that cuts is the tile that is shown in the 'cutter' section (the right side 'printer' image), which is always the bottom left tile - the first one with anything to cut.
orien

Post by orien »

(Sorry for basically a double post, but I thought I might be able to clear my statement up a little more)
Attachments
Tiling issue.PNG
Tiling issue.PNG (89.94 KiB) Viewed 5363 times
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (97.56 KiB) Viewed 5358 times
I tested it out and it seems to be working for me. You're using SCAL4 PRO, right? Also, are you on a PC or Mac. I checked it out on my PC but not my Mac, yet. Here's a screen shot where I turned on two different tiles for cutting:
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
orien

Post by orien »

I am using SCAL 4 PRO on a PC (Windows 7).