HELP! ALL of my .SCAL files wont open!!

For your help and questions
ItsJeffHebert

HELP! ALL of my .SCAL files wont open!!

Post by ItsJeffHebert »

Everytime I try to open any of my past projects that are in a folder on the desktop I keep getting an error message saying invalid project file. This is ALOT of designs and time that may be completely wasted but I am hopeful!! I had a lady fix one of them but I was skeptical to open when she was kind of iffy about letting me know what the program was and when asked if I can fix the rest myself with a program off the internet she said it was a program that was given to her from her uncle.. I don't think she would do anything to harm my laptop but nowadays you never know! Could it be the folder theyre stored in? I have other files from this month on the desktop only that all are fine but when I accidentally "cleaned the desktop" andmoved a few to this folder they all become invalid. Someone please tell me I can fix this!! Id happily buy whatever program is needed lolpic below of error
Attachments
invalid.png
invalid.png (312.38 KiB) Viewed 3844 times
papasue

Re: HELP! ALL of my .SCAL files wont open!!

Post by papasue »

Hi Jeff, first could you resize your image it is too large and it makes your post hard to read but first a few questions about your issue.
  • what computer OS are you using and what version like Mac 10.2 or Win xxx this makes a difference
    what version of scal are you using, also makes a difference.
You can add this information to your posts by adding a signature to your posts automatically, see this post for How To.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26180

I am guessing that you might have updated your OS beyond the reach of the version of scal you are using, but lets' be sure.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
ItsJeffHebert

Post by ItsJeffHebert »

papasue wrote:Hi Jeff, first could you resize your image it is too large and it makes your post hard to read but first a few questions about your issue.
  • what computer OS are you using and what version like Mac 10.2 or Win xxx this makes a difference
    what version of scal are you using, also makes a difference.
You can add this information to your posts by adding a signature to your posts automatically, see this post for How To.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26180

I am guessing that you might have updated your OS beyond the reach of the version of scal you are using, but lets' be sure.
That was a fast response! lol I am using windows 10 because windows decided to upgrade one night while asleep. I didn't have this problem though after it upgraded and those files were still fine. I am using SCAL version 3.059. Ive tried downloading from the site and each time I register with our activation code or whatever it keeps opening the same one.
Attachments
invalid.png
invalid.png (137.63 KiB) Viewed 3826 times
ItsJeffHebert

Post by ItsJeffHebert »

Sorry about the size, I didn't preview or look after I posted. I am running SCAL 3.059. Tried to get 4 but for some reason it wouldn't work. That isn't really an issue imo tho. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated. Is there a way I can restore the contents in a folder on Windows 10? :(
Attachments
invalid.png
invalid.png (137.63 KiB) Viewed 3826 times
papasue

Post by papasue »

Hi, I have sent a support request to craftedge on your behalf so they can help you. They are pretty much late day or evening folk so it might take awhile for them to get back to you. I'd be interested to find out what is going on and how they fixed it.

Good Luck
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
craftedge
Site Admin

Post by craftedge »

Please send a file you cannot open to support@craftedge.com