Cutter worked fine but now cuts in straight line only

For your help and questions
sheilarr

Cutter worked fine but now cuts in straight line only

Post by sheilarr »

I have been using my cutter a little bit, but am still new at it. I had a problem at market when I took it with me. It worked fine then suddenly just started cutting in a straight line over and over. I realized that I had attached the charging cord and somehow that was interfering, so problem solved. Now that I am back home and hooked up to my desktop computer, it is doing the same thing. Apparently at one time the tracker was offline and someone fixed it for me. It looks straight and moves freely when I turn it on, but even on the test star, it just cuts straight. Any ideas? Thanks!
Sheila
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Re: Cutter worked fine but now cuts in straight line only

Post by mitsim »

It would help if we knew what cutting machine you were using, and what type of computer (windows, mac). Thanks!
sheilarr

Re: Cutter worked fine but now cuts in straight line only

Post by sheilarr »

Of course it would!! I have a USA Cutter MH2. I have Windows, however, I did find a number to call for service on it. They believe it is the motherboard. I am in the process of having to take the covers off to get to the motherboard so they can tell me which things to check on it. It should be interesting!! I imagine I will have to buy a new motherboard, but at least I will be able to put it in myself

Thanks for the reply! I'll post when I find out what to do.