My patterns come out inconsistant sizes

For your help and questions
kvp

My patterns come out inconsistant sizes

Post by kvp »

I have some pattern that i have purchased a while back. I have used these pattern without problems in the past. Recently, when I have opened these same pattern in my scal the sizes are not consistant. Example, if i am trying to cut out a body, the head would be small and the legs would be large. They do not match to make a perfect body. Have I personally done something to change these design? What can I do to fix this problem. I would really appreciate any help or advice on this matter. I have several patterns that I would love to use again. Thank you in advance.
lallerb

Re: My patterns come out inconsistant sizes

Post by lallerb »

I'm also having a problem with the size of my imported SVG files. Everything is about 40-45% smaller than it should be, and I haven't changed any settings since upgrading to ecal2. I'm hoping we get an answer to this problem, but I won't hold my breath. I'm going to try downgrading to v1.5 to see if it has to do with the new software.
lallerb

Post by lallerb »

I figure out the problem I was having, but I'm not sure if it will help you. I went to the file menu and selected 'edit', then preferences. My SVG DPI was set to 90 (Inkscape) so I changed it to 72 (Adobe Illustrator), which corrected the scale problem. Most of the files I get have been created in Illustrator. Maybe checking your settings will help. If you're getting you files from different sources made in different programs it could cause the size difference.
kvp

Post by kvp »

I hope it works for you. Like I said, I have use these designs before and they were all the right proportions. The only thing I can think that I had done was transferred them to my new laptop. How that would make a difference I don't know. Ugh hope that someone can help me out.
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

There are settings for opening SVG files. I think it depends on what program created the SVG. If you have your computer set for Illustrator SVG and the SVG was created in a different program, that might cause a size adjustment.
Todd