help please

For your help and questions
andrea arends

help please

Post by andrea arends »

hi!! i hope you can help me please! i started to use my machine about 2 or 3 months ago! and suddenly it started to turn off by itself when it has 2 or 3 seconds cutting, and i now it doesn`t cut at all!! the blade doesn`t get down!! i use my machine for working and now i don`t know what to do!! :( :cry:
papasue

Re: help please

Post by papasue »

It would help if you described what "machine" and what software" you are using that is causing problems. There are a bunch of machines and software versions of SCAL/ecal and each might/will provoke different answers.

If you do not get help here then I suggest that you go to craftedge.com and then to support and fill out a support request form.

I hope you get back to working soon!
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
sandyj

Post by sandyj »

Do you have the original eclips? They are notorious for having motherboard problems, resulting in the problem you describe. Odds are, it isn't the software.

I suggest joining the Sizzix Eclips and eCal Users facebook group for more help.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/409724385786375/

It is a private group, just click the join button and you will be approved. I think you will get more help over there.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

I would contact eClips customer support and tell them what it is doing. Sounds like the machine to me too.

Check these things first so you can tell them you checked these:

Another thing, check the small black sensor on the back left of the eclips. Take a dry cloth (not wet) and wipe it off. Make sure there isn't any paper pieces stuck in it or under the rollers.

Make sure your blade housing is clear of paper pieces.

Try another USB cord and make sure the cord is not bad.
Sandy in PA