No calibration option = unuseable program! SCAL4

For your help and questions
spearcarrier

No calibration option = unuseable program! SCAL4

Post by spearcarrier »

Hi guys. Newbie to SCAL here... sort of. I had it back in version 1. But... that was centuries ago when dinosaurs roamed the land.

Got a Pazzles Vue today. I literally have not gotten to use it. So far I'm thinking, "What a waste of my money." I finally did get it to sort of cut me something, but the cuts were WAY off. I need to calibrate, right? Well obviously I'd calibrate in the program I'm using, in this case would be the heftily priced (for me) SCAL 4. Except I don't have the option.

I read that if you're savvy enough to have a Black Cat or something else you can calibrate. But not me. Also, the little window under the cut menu is "can't access this webpage" because forcing people to use the cloud is SO reliable. -_-

I also checked my silhouette cameo dialogue just in case. No calibration.

I really need to calibrate or I'm going to have to pack it in and give up, cuz if the machine won't cut right it's not gonna work out around here y'know. Kind of like that bum living on your couch that can't even wash his own plate.

Help?
papasue

Re: No calibration option = unuseable program! SCAL4

Post by papasue »

I suggest you contact support@craftedge.com for help as they do not regularly monitor this forum.

There is a support form on craftedge.com that makes it easier to provide all the information they need to help you.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
spearcarrier

Post by spearcarrier »

Well, being as they haven't responded yet I thought I'd see if anyone else here had my problem. Nevermind then! I probably should just ask for a refund on this software anyway. The machine is a joke and if I can't get the software to work right either, well what's the point. Thanks anyway.
Busgoddess10

Post by Busgoddess10 »

I have a pazzles inspiration and it works fine.

Please explain your issue.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Possibly you should return it. As with anything involving the used of software and technology, there is a learning curve.
Sandy in PA
spearcarrier

Post by spearcarrier »

I just want you two to know I didn't answer because I was never notified of your responses. So I thought my post was simply ignored and moved on. Sorry!

As for the vue: it stinks, it still won't print and cut after all this time, and a learning curve has nothing to do with this. (Edits long angry rant about the Vue, the Pazzles company, and how much she wishes she could sell this horrible machine. =^-^=) Sure wish I could afford a silver bullet!!!! I've been eyeballing that machine for over a year. An electronic point system instead of the automatic eye is a VERY desireable feature.

Anyway, thanks for answering and trying to help even though I didn't come back right away. Sorry for my silence!
MeFlick

Post by MeFlick »

spearcarrier wrote:I just want you two to know I didn't answer because I was never notified of your responses. So I thought my post was simply ignored and moved on. Sorry!. . .
@spearcarrier - Just an FYI, you have to tell the forum to notify you when there is a reply to your post. For example, here while I am adding my message, under the text box are several "Options" that can be turned off or on - they include Disable BBCode, Disable smilies, do not automatically parse URLS, attach a signature, and the final one "Notify me when a reply is posted." The other way is to go to your User Control Panel and on the left side is "Options" - go to "Board Preferences" then "Edit Posting Defaults" and check the "Notify Me Upon Replies." If neither of those things are done, then you will not get an automatic notification when there are responses. They are not on by default. I don't turn them on as I prefer to come back to the forum and check for replies.
spearcarrier

Post by spearcarrier »

Thanks, MeFlick! I actually do have "Notify me when a reply is posted" checked, but I never get any notifications. It isn't just this forum. It happens to a lot of forums. I'm not sure; if it's my email provider or what. I prefer to have that checked because things happen to me like exploding computers, forgetting forum addresses, and fabulous things like that. I try to stay in forums by force of will. I never succeed.