Scoring lines

For your help and questions
janekinso

Scoring lines

Post by janekinso »

I haven't been to the forum in quite some time. I hope someone can help with my query. I'm trying to cut a file whose scoring lines actually cut and I don't know how to change them. Is it possible to change the scoring lines in a file so that they don't actually cut through the paper? TIA for guidance on this one. :)
jane
Creativity is a continual surprise.--Ray Bradbury

Silver Bullet 13, SCAL 4.038, Win7 64 bit
papasue

Re: Scoring lines

Post by papasue »

Hi Jane,

I have ecal but I think scal3 is exactly the same.

Select the line (you many need to ungroup) the appearance panel should open.
select score, and the kind of score line you want
select cutline style to score.

If all else fails, delete the lines and draw them again with the draw tool and set to score.

Here is a pix of my screen. Hope this helps.

Welcome back.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 2.01.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 2.01.21 PM.png (40.48 KiB) Viewed 8436 times
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
janekinso

Post by janekinso »

Thanks, Susan. :) I had the first part of this exercise right, but I wasn't sure about exactly what to do once I removed the existing scoring lines. There is a whack of them to remove. Whew! Thanks again.
jane

janekinso

Post by janekinso »

Uh -oh, Susan. The scoring lines in this file are paths, and the option to make them score lines doesn't come up in the appearance box. When I cut out the file, the scoring lines (paths) are different sizes and they cut right through the paper. What am I doing wrong still? :? :oops:
jane

papasue

Post by papasue »

hmmmm, the problem with giving advice without seeing the file is fraught with danger. Can you email me the original and what you have done with it? I'll take a look see. :?
sesusan86@gmail.com

In the meantime check your blade pressure, it could be too high, or choose a score line style that has larger spacing.

I'll wait to hear from you.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

I just tried this with a random svg and the newest version of SCAL3 (3.069b) and it did let me change the line to a dashed line. Select the layers with the score lines and change the line style to the dashed line that you want. The other option is to group all of the score lines together and then cut them separately from the cut lines reducing the blade depth and pressure so that the blade just barely cuts the surface.
janekinso

Post by janekinso »

Thank you Susan and Heather. You are both right. I ungrouped the scoring lines from the box shape, hid the box shape, regrouped the scoring lines, cut the scoring lines at F20 on my SB; then I went back to the point of origin, lined up the shape with the scoring lines, hid the lines and cut the shape. It worked! :D :D Thank you, Ladies. I appreciate your help very much.
jane